What's new

Pics of the world's crappiest coffee.

Art,

When the coffee was bought, it was $300/lb. That bag was a quarter pound. It was thankfully a gift (I certainly wouldn't drop that kind of money on coffee), so I'm not sure where exactly it was purchased from.

-Nick

After reflecting upon this thread there are several things that come to mind, most of which are unfit for further pondering. One, though, keeps coming back to mind so I must share it with you. Many years ago when flat track horse racing was all the rage in the US, the phrase "Straght from the horse's mouth" came into common usage. For instance, "Hey where did you get that trifecta?" "Straight from the horse's mouth!" After what has transpired here, I can see someone question Nick, our noble site tech, "Hey Nick, where did you get this coffee?" "Straight from the cat's...."

Nick said:
Speaking of which Ron, what do you think of the rectum as a whole?

:001_tt2:

-Nick
Rather assinine question wouldn't you say? Serving one of life's most important functions, it reminds me of a story about the body and its parts trying to decide who was to be the boss. But more of that later..:smile:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Interesting, Nick. Coffee with a side of dookie. What will they think of next?

You know :idea:, I notice when I eat corn, things seem... ahem.... rather undigested. Perhaps I can retire from my job and sell the resulting product as a gourmet product. Scotto niblets or some such. :blush:

I wish I'd read this post before I ordered my Scotto Samplers a while back!! :scared:

you and my dog have something in common .. both seem to enjoy something that comes out of the back end of a cat...

i dont like coffee to begin with .. but meh!

only reason i clicked on this thread is because i just recently watched The Bucket List

I am amazed a scatological post; I mean a serious discussion about coffee post; from 2005 was uneartherd and will probably keep going for a few days or even weeks. Life springs eternal on the internet.

Like last week I just got an e-mail about an "Nth cubed" virus that will melt your computer chip. Wow, pretty fantastic and scary.

I must confess to enjoying the thread, especially Ron's graphic. I think this must be the kind of coffee Mr Hanley drinks. OK, stop Dave, that will really get this thread off track....

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The "pour over filter holder"? Don't laugh- it's the depths of low tech, but it's one of the best ways to brew a cuppa. You have total control over temperature and timing.

I really wonder about this. All kidding aside, how does one distinguish civet dung from say, ocelot dung, or orangutan dung for that matter. Now, I know that certain animals do leave telltale scat, but to find 1lb of coffee-laden civet scat one would have to constantly scour the jungle for cast-aside excrement. Unless Sulawesi and Java are just absolutely lousy with coffee crazed civets, it seems likely to me that the civets are eating the choicest berries, but rather, are being kept on a poop coffee farm in which civets are fed coffee berries and the collection process is less, shall we say, left to chance.

Just some reflections I had when pondering pooping wild cats and collection of their feces.

Top Bottom