What's new

Persona AccuForge blades

To clarify: the Accuthrive(MedPrep) is a blue wrapper.
the Accuforge(Lab Blue) is in a black wrapper
i have both. The Accuforge is a fantastic blade and I found it is smoother than the Accuthrive, but just as sharp.
This is a pic from their website and shows a plain white wrapper... Thats what I was going by. It would seem there are more than a few ways they sell them under different part #'s
1706552885369.png

Just found this one too and it is double wrapped and different part #
1706553207042.png

This is another packaging also with different part #
1706553274862.png

another
1706553315802.png

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I don't mind the Personna Comfort Coated USA blades I have..... but I don't think they are the best out of my little stash of DE blades.

On my list for this year... Select one DE razor and use it with all 8 DE blade types I have... That would take a month of dedicated DE shaving, I think, to determine which one is the very best I have. At the moment, I'd probably chose the Athena because it seems to like most blades I've tried in it.

I haven't seen the best razor and blade combinations so far, but I'm guessing that's because I haven't done any true testing. I've seen it posted on B&B many times.... This razor and this blade is the best for me. I've only been DE shaving since Sept. of 2022 and I shave with AC razors a Lot....That sort of short circuits my memory of this razor with this blade. I do know, I've used Perma-Sharps in every DE razor I own and have stellar shaves with them.... That's all I've used for months.. though I threw in a Nacet a couple times not too long ago.

Early on in my DE razor experiments, I used Wizamets for all first shaves with a new razor and those were my go-to blades. I haven't used one for a Long time now.... I'd have to take a look back, but truth be told, I haven't kept up with my iPhone Notes I set up for logging my shaves.

Last edited:
This is a pic from their website and shows a plain white wrapper... Thats what I was going by. It would seem there are more than a few ways they sell them under different part #'s
View attachment 1787843

Just found this one too and it is double wrapped and different part #
View attachment 1787847

This is another packaging also with different part #
View attachment 1787848

another
View attachment 1787850
You are absolutely correct. They have some that have the coating and some that don't. All I can tell you is what I have in the new packaging. I thing Accutec is horrible in their branding changes and information submitted to the public. BUT, the blades are great.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
You are absolutely correct. They have some that have the coating and some that don't. All I can tell you is what I have in the new packaging. I thing Accutec is horrible in their branding changes and information submitted to the public. BUT, the blades are great.
Hopefully, over time, they'll be available from more than one place for the general public. I can see barber supply companies stocking them, along with all our popular stores for shaving gear.

Lots of companies have links on their websites to retail stores that sell their products. They might be there on the Accutec site, but I couldn't seem to find them.

Edit: I just emailed them, asking about retain outlets for their DE razor blades. We'll see what becomes of it.

Last edited:
Hopefully, over time, they'll be available from more than one place for the general public. I can see barber supply companies stocking them, along with all our popular stores for shaving gear.

Lots of companies have links on their websites to retail stores that sell their products. They might be there on the Accutec site, but I couldn't seem to find them.

Edit: I just emailed them, asking about retain outlets for their DE razor blades. We'll see what becomes of it.
I did the same and their reply to me was they don't know. Can you believe that? What a company.

To clarify: the Accuthrive(MedPrep) is a blue wrapper.
the Accuforge(Lab Blue) is in a black wrapper
i have both. The Accuforge is a fantastic blade and I found it is smoother than the Accuthrive, but just as sharp.
Sounds like the Accuthrive might not be coated!
Were Med preps coated? I never tried them!

Sounds like the Accuthrive might not be coated!
Were Med preps coated? I never tried them!
LRod, great question. Initially, the Med Preps claimed to not be coated for sanitary reasons in the hospital. But if you go to Accutec website they claim they are coated. The Accuforge is coated with micro coat (whatever the heck that is).
Confusing?? Welcome to the upside down world of Accutec (Personna). :)

No,

white wrapper comfort coated = Lab blue
View attachment 1801092

blue wrapper prep blades = med prep
View attachment 1801093

Which med prep could be coated as well. I don't know anything about the new stuff but that was what they were. I have enough lab blues to last me a lifetime so I'm good.
To be clear. The Comfort Coated is in a white wrapper, but it is not the Lab Blue. The Lab Blue use to be in a Blue wrapper as was the original MedPrep. Under the new rebranding, the Med Prep now called Accuthrive is still in a blue wrapper but the Lab Blue is now called Accuforge and is in a black wrapper. The Accuthrive and Accuforge are produced by Accutec. The Comfort Coated is distributed by Edgewell. Confusing??? Absolutely.

To be clear. The Comfort Coated is in a white wrapper, but it is not the Lab Blue. The Lab Blue use to be in a Blue wrapper as was the original MedPrep. Under the new rebranding, the Med Prep now called Accuthrive is still in a blue wrapper but the Lab Blue is now called Accuforge and is in a black wrapper. The Accuthrive and Accuforge are produced by Accutec. The Comfort Coated is distributed by Edgewell. Confusing??? Absolutely.

As I posted above the Lab Blues are called that because the box has blue on it not because of the wrapper which is white. And the box says comfort coated.

The med preps are called med preps because the box says prep and the blades say for hospital use. And are in a blue wrapper.

I first learned of the changes in the SE GEM threads, but have been using this blade all week and really enjoying it.
Imagepipe_0.jpg
I have no idea what they are in the labyrinth that is Personna.
Then I discovered this box in the bottom of my drawer that I don't recall buying. Are these the famed lab blues?
Imagepipe_0.jpg

I first learned of the changes in the SE GEM threads, but have been using this blade all week and really enjoying it. View attachment 1801126I have no idea what they are in the labyrinth that is Personna.
Then I discovered this box in the bottom of my drawer that I don't recall buying. Are these the famed lab blues?View attachment 1801127

Yep, that blue box of comfort coated is the lab blue. Older style box.

No.
Confusing? Yes.
But no.
Blue box, white wrapper, comfort coated is the Lab Blue.

Okay, so ... Lab Blue = Comfort Coated = Accuforge ... all the same blade. Med Prep = Accuthrive. They are all the same exact blade, except the Med Prep/Accuthrive go through an additional cleaning/sterilizing process for hospital and medical use. Don't get caught up in the wrappers and packaging.

Top Bottom