What's new

Persona AccuForge blades

I'm still figuring this out.... but it really looks like the AccuForge blades are the replacement or new name for the Personna Lab Blues... and the AccuThrive blades are the Personna Med Prep blade used in hospitals, etc.

I do know this... I bought the German Personna blades.... I used or tried to use 2 of them....They were so rough on my face, I threw the rest of the 100 I bought out... I ended up buying 6 boxes of 100 each Personna Comfort Coated USA blades and they've been pretty good for me.... though I've had 2 duds from one of the boxes. That is sort of surprising but I know they were duds because when I replaced them, mid shave, the shave returned to the excellent shave the razor gives me normally.
I get duds every once in a while too (with the Lab Blue's).
The German ones are apparently nowhere near the USA made ones. I had the same experience. They're terrible!

I have lately been using the Accuforge blades just to reevaluate my initial review. I have used them with the Konsul and the Athena razors. In both cases, the blade performed wonderfully. The blade was very sharp and very smooth. There was no sense of discomfort but one has to be aware that these are very sharp blades. I enjoyed the blades so much that I have just ordered 250 of them. In my prior evaluation I stated that they were not worth the price. As for me, I have reconsidered. The cost of any item is the sole decision of the buyer, for me it was worth it. This blade has moved to the top of my rotation, even ahead of the Wizamet, Permasharp and Feather. My suggestion is wait for a discount at Razor Emporium and try them.
Best shaves to all.
Have you tried Lab Blues prior?
If so, did you find any difference in the shave vs. the Lab Blues?
I've got hundreds of Lab Blue's which means it'll be a long time before I'd ever get any Accuforge!

Le lame AccuForge con rivestimento Microcoat sono quelle che sostituiscono le vecchie lame Lab Bue oppure esistono due tipi di lame AccuForge con e senza rivestimento Microcoat?
Da quello che ho letto, l'Accuforge viene fornito solo con il microcoat. È semplicemente il sostituto di Lab Blue.

I've got hundreds of Lab Blue's which means it'll be a long time before I'd ever get any Accuforge!
If your old blades have a blue wrapper, those are the real lab blues. If they had a white wrapper they were the Comfort Coated. The Accuforge is the rebranded Lab blues. They are the same blades.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'm even more confused now... Did the Personna Comfort Coated USA blades (white wrapper) go away? or are they still being manufactured... and if so, by whom? and which plant? Those are the ones I have... 600 of them, minus the few tucks I've used so far.

ok so aren't there two types of AccuForge blade with and without Microcoat treatment?

I'm even more confused now... Did the Personna Comfort Coated USA blades (white wrapper) go away? or are they still being manufactured... and if so, by whom? and which plant? Those are the ones I have... 600 of them, minus the few tucks I've used so far.
The name and packaging went away. The replacement has a new name (Accuforge) and new packaging.
But it's the same blade that you've got!
You now own 600 "new old stock" vintage Personna blades 😂

The Personna brand has moved to Germany now, I don't think Lab Blues are in the lineup anymore, and the American Mfg'g, was Edgewell has been taken over by AccuTec and that change was several years ago from what I've seen at least 2015... ie... AccuForge and AccuThrive

There are 2 blades Mfg'd by them in 2 diffierent divisions;
Barber and Beauty - AccuForge (Lab Blue), white wrapper
Medical use - AccuThrive (Med Prep) - not sure what wrapper right now, used to be blue, but they also go through an extra sterilization process

Major difference is AccuTec doesn't use the names Lab Blue and Med prep like Personna did.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
The name and packaging went away. The replacement has a new name (Accuforge) and new packaging.
But it's the same blade that you've got!
You now own 600 "new old stock" vintage Personna blades 😂
That was what I thought happened, but reading this thread confused me..... not that hard to do these days. <eg>

I never understood why the German Personnas I bought the first time (100) were uniformly bad. They tore up my face, even in razors that worked well with other similar blades. They felt rough... never smoothed out... and as I said... produced weeper after weeper.. even on my cheeks where I never get weepers. I already noted it but I threw them all away. I wasn't going to pass on something so horrible, even for free.

The Personna brand has moved to Germany now, I don't think Lab Blues are in the lineup anymore, and the American Mfg'g, was Edgewell has been taken over by AccuTec and that change was several years ago from what I've seen at least 2015... ie... AccuForge and AccuThrive

There are 2 blades Mfg'd by them in 2 diffierent divisions;
Barber and Beauty - AccuForge (Lab Blue), white wrapper
Medical use - AccuThrive (Med Prep) - not sure what wrapper right now, used to be blue, but they also go through an extra sterilization process

Major difference is AccuTec doesn't use the names Lab Blue and Med prep like Personna did.
To clarify: the Accuthrive(MedPrep) is a blue wrapper.
the Accuforge(Lab Blue) is in a black wrapper
i have both. The Accuforge is a fantastic blade and I found it is smoother than the Accuthrive, but just as sharp.

Top Bottom