What's new

Performance of WOLFMAN WR2

I have long maintained that the SS WR2 1.25 SB and SS Blackbird SB have similar efficiency, with the Bird simply possessing more blade feel. Both are extraordinary daily shavers. Choosing a winner between them is analogous to choosing between Mary Ann and Ginger. Either one would be great with which to be stranded on an island.

I second this. I own a SS WR2 1.35 SB and a polished SS Blackbird (both SB and OC). The Wolfman has more blade feel and is also more efficient, but not by much. I really like both razors and I prefer the Blackbird when my last shave was <2 days before.

Only thing I don't like about the Blackbird is the lack of grip in the handle. Design is beautiful, but grip is meh.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I was already on “the list” for a wr2, but now Ill pivot and go for a wr1 OC when my name comes up instead…

Kudos for finding a match.
"a WR2 in a preferred gap, handle type, and finish level appeared today" <- and what was that?

I am curious because I know what you like and that I likely need a bit more aggression, but just like you I am very much taken by the clones already. Razorock (WR1/Lupo) and Yaqi (WR2/Sentinel).

As much as I love the clones, might one day go for the real deal, but "guess the gap" becomes a bit harrowing when you better make a quite right guess. For the WR2, by design it seems to allow really huge gaps without becoming truly aggressive or harsh.

For the WR1, more like the Lupo, there isn't as much leeway, so be careful there.

And I will now check what Wolfman photo you posted last, out of curiosity...! :thumbsup:
EDIT: Seems it was a WR2 1.25.

Only thing I don't like about the Blackbird is the lack of grip in the handle. Design is beautiful, but grip is meh.
I agree the handle has less grip than I prefer, but then I started pinching the handle just below the head, and now the handle feels perfectly natural in my hand—love the design and its very comfortable now. I still believe the WRH2 has the most awesome grip and is my favorite Wolfman handle (until I get my hands on a Darwin).

I agree the handle has less grip than I prefer, but then I started pinching the handle just below the head, and now the handle feels perfectly natural in my hand—love the design and its very comfortable now. I still believe the WRH2 has the most awesome grip and is my favorite Wolfman handle (until I get my hands on a Darwin).

Oh nice tip, will try that. To me the "most awesome grip" award goes to the Rex Ambassador. That thing and your fingers become one when you're holding it.

Kudos for finding a match.
"a WR2 in a preferred gap, handle type, and finish level appeared today" <- and what was that?

I am curious because I know what you like and that I likely need a bit more aggression,

WR2 1.15 SB WRH2 90mm Basic Polish (textured) finish

After first use, I think I could handle, and like, a bit more aggressive plate?
(1.25 or 1.35)
But this came up on the BST and ticked enough boxes for me to jump on it.

It's been a while, guys.
My turn came around today (I completely forgot).
I'm looking back at this thread.
However, the list only had WRA2 on order, so I'm going to ask if I can order a razor.

If they can be ordered, I'll probably make them in 1.05 or 1.10 DC.
I'll leave the efficiency to brassbird or chors and let WR2 do the work every day.
I'll let you know how it turns out, thanks.

I second this. I own a SS WR2 1.35 SB and a polished SS Blackbird (both SB and OC). The Wolfman has more blade feel and is also more efficient, but not by much. I really like both razors and I prefer the Blackbird when my last shave was <2 days before.

I've tried both and the 1.35 is way more comfortable on my face.
A superior implement.

Thankfully, they changed my order from just a stand to a full set, which I am very much looking forward to.

DC plate (SB/OC)
SB1.10/OC1.05
Darwin handle
WRA2 stand

If my wife is upset about an overpriced Christmas gift, I will have to exhibit some of them on BST 🤣.

I sold both my 1.25 and 1.55. Recently I’ve been considering buying a 1.35.
I’m very interested in a comparison between 1.25 vs 1.35, or 1.35 vs 1.55. Your help is highly appreciated, as always! 😊

Cheers!

Bo

I have the 1.15 in stainless SB. It gives such a good, close shave and it's so easy to use, it could rule the stable. I really need to use it more often.

I agree you should use the 1.15 more often. My stable isn’t full of a lot of razors, but the 1.15 rules the stable proudly. I cannot imagine the 1.15 losing its status any time soon.

I’m very interested in a comparison between .... 1.35 vs 1.55.

Both are great razors....very efficient and super smooth...as you can imagine,
1.55 has more blade feel.

1.55's bbs shaves offer greater longevity by a few hours.

I'lll take the 1.35 any day but if you have the $ to spare, and I dont say this ever:
Get both, they are exceptional.

WR2 arrived today
Gap is 1.10SB/1.05OC

I was aiming for daily razor, so it's a little milder, but efficiency is good against smooth levels.
It is slightly below BLACKBIRD's efficiency.
Great razor!

Thank you all:)
AD48F4E7-7980-476C-9A2D-EE24965D6DED.jpeg

Top Bottom