What's new

Penhaligon's-Blenheim Bouquet DISASTER

Oh Dear what a disaster, I have not long since received my Penhaligon's-Blenheim Bouquet I got it from Ebay and was delighted with the price I paid for it. It arrived very quickly and was beautifully wrapped and presented. The Vendor even gave me the advice that to get the glass stopper out you had to pop it into the fridge for a couple of hours. This I did and sure enough out came the stopper like a cork out of a bottle. Penhaligon's-Blenheim Bouquet comes with a lovely bottle and is supplied with an additional metal stopper with a rubber ring around the base to seal the contents. I duly put in the new stopper and returned the bottle to its very nice box and put it away in my cabin.

I was messing about in the cabinet this morning and moved the Blenheim Bouquet to one side. Unfortunately, I was a bit clumsy and the box containing the Blenheim Bouquet was knocked over on to its side. I immediately saw a pool of aftershave appear on the glass shelf and to my horror I knew exactly what had happened. :a47: The stopper had come off inside the box. I picked it up double quick but the damage had already been done. I took it over to the sink and opened the box to a sucking sound. Inside was awash with my beautiful smelling aftershave and a quite large amount was sitting in the bottom of the box. I rescued what I could but lost about 50% of the contents of the bottle.

Needless to say I am gutted. Mind you the bathroom smells nice and will I fear do so for some time to come.:blushing:

You have my sympathies. Maybe you could cut up the box and put it in your drawers or hang it from your rearview mirror to act as an air freshener :wink:

Jordan

You have my sympathies. Maybe you could cut up the box and put it in your drawers or hang it from your rearview mirror to act as an air freshener :wink:

Jordan

Excellent idea I might just do that. I do keep telling myself the bottle is half full and not half empty but it doesn't seam to help much.:crying:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd

Jordan

Now that's what I call thinking. :thumbup:

Jordan

Been there done that- and more than once- Very good idea- the loss will be there- but you will at least enjoy the scents through out your home.:thumbup1:

Been there done that- and more than once- Very good idea- the loss will be there- but you will at least enjoy the scents through out your home.:thumbup1:

True upstairs smells quite fantastic. I just wish it could have been the Old Spice that spilt? Is it ok to say I have some Old Spice?:confused1

Yes you can- still a classic for some of us and brings back memories of our fathers and grandfathers.

Yes you can- still a classic for some of us and brings back memories of our fathers and grandfathers.

That's exactly why I bought it, it simply reminds me of my dad, I do quite like it. Mind you, I made the mistake of sending my wife out to get it and she came back with Brut? I was horrified and took it back. I hate the stuff.:biggrin1:

William,

You have my condolences on your loss. I know I would feel terrible.

The only upside is it gives you an excuse to buy more.

William,

You have my condolences on your loss. I know I would feel terrible.

The only upside is it gives you an excuse to buy more.

You know, I was one click away from doing just that on ebay tonight but resisted as I have just ordered a C38 and ......well you know how it is! :biggrin:

I always value the bottom half of the bottle more. I stop taking the contents for granted, and the substance, now more rare, seems to smell (or, if a bottle of scotch, tastes) better.

Argh, is that the stuff that's $75 a bottle from Penhaligon's direct? Gah.

Side question - how does it work as an AS?

I really can't answer this question as I didn't put any on at the time and it was a brand new bottle. I will have to wait for better circumstances and try it properly. I love the scent mind you, I could smell it all day on my hands.

Agreed, it's one of my favorites. I just wanted to find out if a bottle of their AS should make its way into my birthday/Christmas wish list.

Agreed, it's one of my favorites. I just wanted to find out if a bottle of their AS should make its way into my birthday/Christmas wish list.

I think it's a must. If the whole bottle had have been lost I would have simply got another as soon as I could have afforded it! I really like it a lot. Not an every day aftershave, more a special occations but without doubt my favorate. Get it on the birthday list!:wink:

Top Bottom