What's new

Pelikan Edelstein ink mixing contest

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
This could be fun ... Pelikan would like you folks to help mix up a new color for their Ink of 2015!

If you want to learn more or try it out, klik here http://www.pelikan.com/color2015

Use their online mixing device, mix up something to submit, and possibly win something. It looks like they're giving away lots of prizes (Edelstein inks, even a Pelikan M400) but you've only got until the 19th of January, 2014.

That looks fun. I like mixing inks. Thanks, Doug.

It appears that you can submit multiple entries. I need to mix a new one because I've seen a few very similar to mine.

Last edited:
I put one up but I think its a bit late as the top guys have hundreds of votes already

But I did it anyway lol

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
But I did it anyway lol

Look like this?

proxy.php

I gave up after looking through entries and seeing hundreds or similar colors to anything I would want to put up. This was a few hours after they originally posted it on Facebook.

Goodluck to anyone who tries! I know I can't win anything by not trying but I don't see good odds for myself at the momnt.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I went with a green to mimic British Racing Green. I called it Jadeite

I can't figure out how to put the picture in the post..haha

Last edited:
Cool! I submitted two colors!

I stopped mixing inks in real life, after some unfortunate SITB events :crying:

Last edited:
How do they know the exact color I see on my screen? Are there some kind of Pantone calibration checks that happen?

I made 5 and tried to be original after flipping through a lot of the submittals, but I'm not sure if I really succeeded. Here are mine if you see one you'd like to rate:

Ink 1
Ink 2
Ink 3
Ink 4
Ink 5

I used black in all of those. They're all over the facetubes now, so maybe I'll get some votes.

-Andy

Last edited:
Awesome idea - Pelikan seem to be quite good with the old customer engagement.

After submitting my entry I looked at the gallery. I could see 11 other entries so thought I had a good chance. Now I realise it shows 12 per page.. :001_rolle
Still, I enjoyed that a lot.
Andy, your ink 2 gets my vote.

Last edited:
I was shooting for a purplish-black ink that would be work-friendly but have overtones of Amethyst or Indigo. Like Private Reserve's Ebony Purple but a touch more purple (or the same with the purple being a touch more bluish). I couldn't get that look, so it ended up looking black on the screen.

Awesome idea - Pelikan seem to be quite good with the old customer engagement.

After submitting my entry I looked at the gallery. I could see 11 other entries so thought I had a good chance. Now I realise it shows 12 per page.. :001_rolle
Still, I enjoyed that a lot.
Andy, your ink 2 gets my vote.

Thanks. I was aiming for a green-black. There doesn't seem to be a lot of those out there. Almost every manufacturer makes a blue-black, though.

-Andy

Top Bottom