What's new

Paul Mole Shave Cream

on windows w/ firefox: try scrolling down the page - looked like a blank page (with border) at first - scrolled down - a lot! - and there it was!

PM Sent. The website DOES show up in Firefox, but you have to scroll WAAAAAAAAYYYYY down to see it. IE trims the whitespace thet you see in FF for some reason.

Must be a windows issue. Anyone got it on OS X ?

I picked it up on OSX. When the site comes up, it looks like a blank page. Scroll down about half way and you'll see a photo of the barbershop. That is your site entry point.

Also, pm sent. Hope I'm not too late.

Thank you to everyone that took the time to send me a private message! I honestly didn’t expect so many people to get back to me right away. I’ll PM everyone who replied and let them know if they were one of the first 10 to get back to me. So far I only have 100 tubs of the shaving cream so I have to limit the giveways to only 10 people. However, if the cream is a success (which I am pretty sure it will be) and we decide to make another batch, I’ll definitely honor the giveaway mention to anyone who sent me a PM up to now. I think I have something like 75 (!) messages to get back to.

Our website is under construction and we should have a new one up by the end of next month. I am not on this forum to promote the shop in any way. But alot of people PM me for info on ths shop so here’s a little history about Paul Molé. It's a great story for any one who truly appreciates shaving and old school barbershops....

Paul Molé is a true family barbershop and a staple on Manhattan’s Upper Eastside…

In 1913, Joseph Molé, was fortunate to inherit his Uncle’s establishment at 1028 Lexington Ave. It began as a three chair barbershop of which the same chairs are still used in the shop today. Joseph Molé worked in this shop for over 50 years.

Joseph’s son, Paul Molé followed closely behind in his father’s footsteps. After serving in World War 2 as a medic, Paul had aspirations of becoming an actor which did not work out. Under the watchful eye of his stern father, Paul began to learn the trade. It didn’t take long for Molé’s reputation to grow and soon he had one of the most notable establishments in New York City. He catered to the gentlemen of high society, politics, and fame.

Paul eventually moved the shop to 1021 Lexington Ave. During the 50’s and 60’s he notoriety grew and he became world famous, generating 100’s of articles. He was way ahead of his time developing new techniques of hair cutting. Paul Molé himself became an iconic figure as he perfected his well-renowned “flame” cut.

In the 1960’s, when most men began wearing their hair longer, Paul Molé Barbershop became the place to get a current haircut and Paul became “the most famous barber in the world!” Paul Molé made numerous T.V. appearances.

In the early 1970’s Paul Molé passed away. An English barber by the name of Adrian Wood was recruited by the Molé Barbers to run the shop. Adrian was chosen for his international experience and knowledge of new techniques developed in England. He received his training in England starting with a City of Guilds of London. Adrian traveled around the world working in high fashion shops and 5 star hotels while perfecting his skills.

In 1978, Mr. Wood moved the shop to the corner of the same block, 1031 Lexington Avenue, where it still remains today. Today, under the ownership and management of Adrian Wood, Paul Molé Barbershop continues in the family tradition. Mr. Wood’s four children all play different roles in the business and are often seen working in the shop.

With nearly a century of tradition to its name, Paul Molé Barbershop continues to provide exceptional service and grooming experience to its clientele. The ideal location has 8 large windows on Lexington Avenue which offers unsurpassed lighting to the 10 chairs on the second floor. The ground floor has chairs which are designated for the care of small children and for clients with disabilities who cannot go up the stairs.

Paul Molé Barbershop offers traditional, on time services preformed by only master barbers. Freshly laundered towels, quality products, and barbers dressed in pressed shirts and ties offer great conversation.

Aged wood trimmings, leather-and-chrome barber chairs, antique barber poles, and shop heirlooms compliment the modern day luxuries, like two flat-screen TV’s and complimentary cappuccino served upon each gentlemen’s arrival.

At Paul Molé, a man can have his whiskers shaven away while a manicurist tends to his cuticles. Our classic shave is a nostalgic treat with steaming hot towels, layers of shaving cream, and a platinum blade that is likely to keep away your unwanted facial hair well into the next day.

After nearly a century in business, Paul Molé can truly be associated with all the old school barber traditions that have kept the business alive throughout the ages. When you walk up the stairs at Paul Molé, it is like taking a step back in time. Autographed black-and-white photos of actors and other celebrities from the past and present line the walls.

Throughout the years Paul Molé Barbershop has catered to many famous clients including John Steinbeck, William F. Buckley, Henry Fonda, Bette Davis, John F. Kennedy Jr., Joe DiMaggio, Art Carvey, and the list goes on. In respect for our current clienteles’ privacy we refrain from listing their names; however, do not be surprised when you look over at the next chair to see your favorite actor, musician, newscaster, sports player, political figure, or business leader.

Welcome to the B&B!
Can you tell us about the new products?
The shaving cream was specifically made to work with DE and open razors. It has a sweet tropical scent. You can use it with or without a brush. Contains Shea Butter, coco butter, and natural minerals (and more) to leave the skin moisturized after shaving.

The pre-shave oil has a sunflower/grapeseed oil base. It works very well when used as a preshave or can be used as a shave oil on its own. Only downside to the oil is that the packaging was not made to travel with.

We went for simple packaging and spent all our time and efforts in creating the actual product itself. All our barbers (14 to be exact) gave their input while creating these products. They are some of the most experienced barbers and we combined all their thoughts and ideas into making a real barbershop shave cream.

Made by barbers but enjoyed by all :thumbup1:

Last edited:
It did work for me in IE, and I checked out most of the videos ... very well done!!! I love the atmosphere. Very family, both barbers and clients! Please open a branch in Rochester. :biggrin: :biggrin: :w00t:

I had the good fortune to be one of the first ten to send a PM. The box came in today, and I am amazed at the quantity! The tub weighs in at a whopping 13.3 oz, which is a lot more than I was expecting! I stuck my sniffer in the tub and the predominant note I picked up was coconut.

What also surprised me was that they included a 1.0 fl oz bottle of shaving oil!

The packaging is simple, as indicated, but functional. I wish I had my camera handy, I'd post some pictures. I'm going to give it a test drive tonight (just the cream, I'll try the oil later) and I'll post my impressions here.

Top Bottom