What's new

Parker SoloEdge in stock

I ended up selling mine. It was just too mild for me. I thought it was a very well made razor and had no issues with blade snapping and loading. As a point of comparison I am using the Supply Pro SE on 5.0 to get totally smooth.
That was one of the reasons I cut mine loose. I was looking for something to alternate with my Vector. The Parker just didn't give me the long lasting shaves I get from razors that I like more.

Got my Solo Edge yesterday and shaved with it this morning. I used one of my old Lab Blues split blades that I've used 4 or 5 times but the first use was probably 6 or 7 months ago, and it was previously only used in a Twig/Thorn. Great close 1 1/2 pass shave. Good enough considering the Daylight Savings Time change and being half asleep during the shave. No weepers or cuts and it handled 2 day growth with no problem. Used Snakebite to wake me up but that only worked for a few minutes. 🤣🤣 Glad I purchased this and I would say this is every bit as efficient as the Thorn (totally blows away the Twig). For $39 this is the best inexpensive "split blade" SE out there! Period!

I called SuperSafetyRazors.com today as I want to pick up another one. They are taking advance orders for them on their website. They are the Parker distibuter in the USA s so they will be the first to have them. Howie said he expects them this week. Here is where I ordered it...

It is now in stock here in India :clap:but it isn't competitively priced :thumbdown but I might still get one :laugh: well.. maybe :confused1 cuz I have something else on my mind atm :punk:

Anyway, happy it's finally in stock on Amazon!

It seems the first version sold out completely and now it is already on a v2 which has a magnet for easy blade placement.

I ordered mine a few weeks ago, so not sure which version I received (I am still abroad).

I won the Parker SoloEdge razor in a very generous PIF by @shave/brush. Thank you again!

All I can say is wow. That was an awesome first shave with a new razor. If I compare it with the Leaf Twig it was completely different. I have not tried the Leaf Thorn so I cannot compare with that one. Where the Leaf Twig felt so inefficient this one was very efficient. The Parker SoloEdge is quite a bit heavier than the Leaf. Especially it is much more heavy towards the head, which was a bit different from what I am used to. Also since this is a 2-piece razor you cannot change the handle to a heavier one to make up for that. It is much beefier head than the Leaf. It is probably as aggressive as about a RazoRock GC .84P I would say, but it does not feel like it while using it. Blade feel was almost non-existent, but it certainly was assertive on the whiskers. Angle was very easy to find and hard to mess up. You have to be careful to fight a urge to go into cartridge mode of shaving and adding a bunch of pressure. I can see that would spell trouble. Just like any good DE, just use a light hand here as well.

I used the Treet Platinum for my shave which is the same blade that I used for the Leaf Twig. The Parker SoloEdge that I received is probably the first generation (@shave/brush can most likely confirm this), since it does not have little magnets to help you in aligning the blade. I did not find it hard to load in any way even without these magnets. It looks like it supports and clamps the blade very well. I think that is why there was not much audible feedback while shaving. Very solid built razor I would say. Form, fit and function is very good. Probably the best I have seen of any casted Zamak headed razor.

All I can say is wow.

+1

The Solo Edge has become my primary half-blade razor for my head shaves. It really is a fantastic razor, quite a value at 35 bucks...even better for free. 🙂

Pretty sure that I've already posted this but I think Parker has devised (designed) a way to securely clamp the blade giving it high rigidity and reducing chatter, which makes it shave very smoothly compared to others I've used. I find mine very efficient and very safe...I won't jinx myself by saying it has never cut me...just that it has been very well behaved.

I finally had a chance to use my Soloedge. It turned out to be v1. Even under unideal circumstances, it gave a great shave. First use, hard water, Barbasol green, severely jet lagged and already an A- shave. Looking forward to future shave improvements.

Blade rigidity is still an open question for me, but is seems much safer than the Twig. Time will tell.

Reactions: Kix
Man, I am so tempted to snag one of these. @gpjoe, I noticed that you have/had a Shield Stomper. How would you say the SoloEdge compares? I recently came into the aluminum version of the Stomper. I have only shaved with it a couple of times, but find it to be a bit aggressive and less efficient than I was expecting. No cuts or weepers, but both shaves left my neck on fire. It's entirely possible that I just haven't figured out the angle yet, but am curious about your take on the two. FWIW, I have also been spending too much money experimenting with half-DE blade razors simply because I received a bunch of Perma-Sharp shavette blades during the latest Amazon snafu. 😜 The other SE razor I tried was the Twig. I found it too mild so passed it on.

Man, I am so tempted to snag one of these. @gpjoe, I noticed that you have/had a Shield Stomper. How would you say the SoloEdge compares? I recently came into the aluminum version of the Stomper. I have only shaved with it a couple of times, but find it to be a bit aggressive and less efficient than I was expecting. No cuts or weepers, but both shaves left my neck on fire. It's entirely possible that I just haven't figured out the angle yet, but am curious about your take on the two. FWIW, I have also been spending too much money experimenting with half-DE blade razors simply because I received a bunch of Perma-Sharp shavette blades during the latest Amazon snafu. 😜 The other SE razor I tried was the Twig. I found it too mild so passed it on.

I prefer the Solo Edge to the Stomper, but have only used both for head shaves.

The Stomper seemed less efficient for me than the Solo, and neither was terribly aggressive.

After I got my Solo Edge I traded away the Stomper.

After the fourth shave with the AL stomper, I think I'm done. I don't typically give up on a razor this soon, but I am not feeling it. Y'all are right that it's not especially aggressive, but it is super inefficient. I cannot make it work. I would immediately PIF it, but I do kind of like the handle

I prefer the Solo Edge to the Stomper, but have only used both for head shaves.

The Stomper seemed less efficient for me than the Solo, and neither was terribly aggressive.

After I got my Solo Edge I traded away the Stomper.
In regards to head shaves how would you compare it to the RR Eco (my goto for the last years)?

Top Bottom