What's new

Parker 65R vs Edwin Jagger ej89/ Muhle r89

I have the Parker 65r and from looking at pictures on the internet it looks to me that it has the same head and the EJ89/R89 can anyone tell me if they are in fact the same? or different

Parker 65r is more aggressive. It has bigger blade gap and definitely feels more aggressive. So if you are looking for a bit more aggressive razor than EJ89/R89 Parker is a good choice. The handle is very pretty and grippy.

I have the 97R which uses the same head as the 65R, and an Edwin Jagger closed comb head. The design is definitely different and dissimilarities are obvious upon closer inspection in person.
I don't think the Parker head is necessarily is more aggressive, but for me, it's noticeably more efficient than the EJ head.
If you'd like to try something similar to the EJ design, but want more efficiency, the Vig Shaving closed comb head is very nice. I think it curves the blade more than the EJ head, plus there's a larger blade gap so it's less prone to clogging if you like a thick lather. I'd say the Parker and the Vig Shaving head are similar in how efficient they are, and they're both comfortable for me. I prefer them to the EJ head.
The plating and quality control on the EJ head is perhaps a hair better, but not in a way that would affect shaving or longevity, just the looks.

I have the 97R which uses the same head as the 65R, and an Edwin Jagger closed comb head. The design is definitely different and dissimilarities are obvious upon closer inspection in person.
I don't think the Parker head is necessarily is more aggressive, but for me, it's noticeably more efficient than the EJ head.
If you'd like to try something similar to the EJ design, but want more efficiency, the Vig Shaving closed comb head is very nice. I think it curves the blade more than the EJ head, plus there's a larger blade gap so it's less prone to clogging if you like a thick lather. I'd say the Parker and the Vig Shaving head are similar in how efficient they are, and they're both comfortable for me. I prefer them to the EJ head.
The plating and quality control on the EJ head is perhaps a hair better, but not in a way that would affect shaving or longevity, just the looks.

Parker 65R is more aggressive than EJ89/R89 no doubt. If you don't feel it I think your 97R is not same head as 65R.

Parker 65R is more aggressive than EJ89/R89 no doubt. If you don't feel it I think your 97R is not same head as 65R.
I think Parker only really uses four designs these days, the 3-piece closed comb, the 3-piece open comb, the TTO (Tech-like) and the Variant head. I haven't asked them to confirm, though.
There's a bit more blade feel in the 97R head than the EJ for me, but I tend to ride the top cap whenever I can, so razors that could feel aggressive when following the angle the had and bade plate suggest feel milder than they otherwise would, and milder razors tend to be more efficient that way (although there are some exceptions).

I think Parker only really uses four designs these days, the 3-piece closed comb, the 3-piece open comb, the TTO (Tech-like) and the Variant head. I haven't asked them to confirm, though.
There's a bit more blade feel in the 97R head than the EJ for me, but I tend to ride the top cap whenever I can, so razors that could feel aggressive when following the angle the had and bade plate suggest feel milder than they otherwise would, and milder razors tend to be more efficient that way (although there are some exceptions).
Hmm..is riding cap same as using bigger angle when shaving (handle more away from face)?

Hmm..is riding cap same as using bigger angle when shaving (handle more away from face)?

Pretty much. Essentially, if I'm not used to a razor, I start by putting the top cap on my face and lowering the handle while moving the razor a little until I can either see, hear or feel the blade. It's the first one I go by if possible, as that's when they tend to be at their gentlest and most efficient.

Pretty much. Essentially, if I'm not used to a razor, I start by putting the top cap on my face and lowering the handle while moving the razor a little until I can either see, hear or feel the blade. It's the first one I go by if possible, as that's when they tend to be at their gentlest and most efficient.

Claro, thanks

Top Bottom