What's new

Parker 51 Desk Pen

I'll soon have one in my hands and wonder how much luck I'll have getting a desk stand thingy for it. Is this a life-long quest or are they easily found?

I've also seen some on eBay and with some patience, deals can be found. Another option is to purchase a regular sized blind cap and a cap so that you could also use it as a standard sized model. I did that with a Cordovan Brown Parker "51" desk pen that I found at an antique shop that was missing the stand.

I've also seen some on eBay and with some patience, deals can be found. Another option is to purchase a regular sized blind cap and a cap so that you could also use it as a standard sized model. I did that with a Cordovan Brown Parker "51" desk pen that I found at an antique shop that was missing the stand.

Bob...don't buy a blind cap for your new Parker "51"...I mailed one with your pen, so that you can use it. Seems a shame to not be able to carry it if you wanted. So, the pen and cap are on their way ;-)

Bob...don't buy a blind cap for your new Parker "51"...I mailed one with your pen, so that you can use it. Seems a shame to not be able to carry it if you wanted. So, the pen and cap are on their way ;-)

Wow, thanks! I appreciate your generosity with that one Rick and thanks to Brian too for the suggestion.

Wow, thanks! I appreciate your generosity with that one Rick and thanks to Brian too for the suggestion.

I was planning on sending it anyway, and then Brian stole my thunder...ahahaha, j/k. So, I figured I'd better mention it so that you wouldn't run out and buy one ;-)

The generosity and thoughtfulness of the people on B&B could be a life lesson for the world at large. You guys renew my faith in humanity daily!

The Pen arrived today. It had a nice blue ink in it but I flushed it out and loaded it back up with 5 O'Clock Shadow. I'm glad I took the time to find the directions for how to fill one of these pens, especially the helpful tip of depressing the plunger while lifting it out of the ink and then releasing it. :thumbup::thumbup::thumb up:

Thanks for a great pen and for including the cap, Rick!

So I am seeing one for 60 bucks. It says it's a Parker 51 special gray fine point. It appears to have a code date of 1950. I have never really priced Parker 51's before.

They are not difficult to find, and Parker offered desk pen bases in a wide variety of materials and configurations. Keep in mind that they are often heavy, and can be expensive to ship. It's important also for the shipper to pack them well, to avoid chips and cracks in the stone bases.

It can be more expensive to ship a base than to but it, hence the depressed prices relative to the pocket pens.

Top Bottom