What's new

PAL Adjustable first shave and question.

Had my first shave with the PAL this morning. I'm no stranger to injectors and regularly use a Canadian Model E and a Schick Model J.

Started with the razor mid-dial. It felt between the E and the J. Moved it up a notch for the last pass. Got some neck weepers so I'll have to watch that. Otherwise a nice shave.

Now the question. My limited research shows the patent date as 1962. It looks like it was available during the '60s but not much later. That's all I got! Anyone have more history?

According to my half vast research the Pal adjustable injector razor was patened in June 1962. I don't think it has much of a history, though it is a razor I like very much.

It's stainless steel, slightly heavy, and has a sophisticated and futuristic design. It is a well built razor, though a few shavers report quality control issues. I have a tough beard and the best setting for me is 3.5, using made-in-China Schick injector blades.

The important thing to remember with this razor is that the cutting face that holds the blade is not parallel with the face of the razor's head. Close examination shows this. What this means is that you have to hold the handle at a slightly LOWER angle, than other injector razors to capture the correct blade angle for your face. Experiment, and when you find the sweet spot you will enjoy this razor. It's a keeper!

I've had a couple of shaves with a loaner and thought I'd clicked ... I got a decent shave. I have since REALLY clicked with my Personna of a similar design and my goodness, when you click, you CLICK! From a quick neaten up around my sideburns with the PAL, I am sure when I shave fully with it next it will be quite something.

Lovely designs, aren't they?

The Personna is another looker. I love my DE, GEM SE and SRs but the injectors have the right level of forgiveness while still being super efficient. So far only my straights and my Model J have gotten me to bbs on my neck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom