What's new

OTC dress socks that do not slide down?

Could someone please recommend me a brand of OTC dress socks that do not slide down, or, at the very least, only slide down a few times a day? I have some Viccel socks that, after several washings, slide down multiple times a day (they did not do this when they were new). I would prefer a sock that is 100% (or close to 100%) cotton, but am open to any suggestions.

How old are your socks? I only ask b/c I tend to buy my socks (OTC) whenever I can find them cheap at a Marshalls or TJ Max. I don't care about the brand and I'm not real picky on the material. In my experience, all the OTC socks I've purchased have had little to no slip until they start to get noticably worn. Even then they do not slide down.

Last edited:
Matthew, you might check over on Ask Andy About Clothes, or even Style Forum (although I have a problem with SF since they upgraded their software). Kabbaz-Kelly advertise socks on AAAC, but he is on he $$$ side. And except for Viccel, I don't remember seeing OTC socks in cotton. I have two pair of Viccel's in cotton and have had no problem, but must admit I have only washed them twice.

How old are your socks? I only ask b/c I tend to buy my socks (OTC) whenever I can find them cheap at a Marshalls or TJ Max. I don't care about the brand and I'm not real picky on the material. In my experience, all the OTC socks I've purchased have had little to no slip until they start to get noticably worn. Even then they do not slide down.

They are about eight months old.

I wear only wool OTC socks and I've found that for the price point, the brooks brothers are fantastic. Especially when they can be had for 40% off. They last years, but I cold water wash them and hang dry.

Kabaz socks are about $30/pair for wool which is out of my league.

You don't need sock garters.

I use Gold Toe Windsor OTC socks. They're a wool blend and feel great even in the warmer months because they wick away moisture better than cotton...I've used them during summers in places like Baltimore with no issues.

They stay up better than anything I've tried. I've never had a pair slide down and some of mine are a couple years old. They're also inexpensive enough that you can replace them when the need arises but they hold up well. Just be sure to turn them inside out when washing them. Cost is about $20 for 3 pairs.

Pantharella socks have really weak elastic, IME. They do not stay up that well.

I suggest calf exercise! I have been burdened most of my life with fire plug legs-short stocky-but with calves that look like Popeye's forearms--- OTC socks stay in place!!!

Top Bottom