What's new

Order of Gillette Adjustables

Gillette Fatboy / Gillette Silver Blue
20240209_061844.jpg

I found this 1970 Super Adjustable 109 NOS in an unopened package recently. So, it was my first shave with this razor, and the razors first shave since Gillette packaged it up! I went with my typical #7 setting, and the shave was 10/10 with a fresh Personna Lab Blue blade. I love vintage Gillette's, but this shave was unbelievably good!
IMG_4672.jpg

I only have one, a SA 109, V-1. It is my daily shaver and I really like it. My reason for purchasing it can be described as alternative history. Had my father decided that I should learn how to shave with a DE vs. a Trac II, this is probably what he would've purchased.

Attachments

• 109 - 1.jpg
    109 - 1.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 109.jpg
    109.jpg
    1,018.1 KB · Views: 2
I only have one, a SA 109, V-1. It is my daily shaver and I really like it. My reason for purchasing it can be described as alternative history. Had my father decided that I should learn how to shave with a DE vs. a Trac II, this is probably what he would've purchased.
Oddly enough, the O4 of this model is what my parents chose for me and my brothers

Oddly enough, the O4 of this model is what my parents chose for me and my brothers
Perhaps you are like me in that there are several thousand questions you wish you could ask your parents now that they are gone.

I remember my dad shaving w/ a DE when I was really little. Then at some point, he went electric. Not sure when that was, but I'd like to know when and why. I'd also like to know what DE razor he used.

Perhaps you are like me in that there are several thousand questions you wish you could ask your parents now that they are gone.

I remember my dad shaving w/ a DE when I was really little. Then at some point, he went electric. Not sure when that was, but I'd like to know when and why. I'd also like to know what DE razor he used.
My dad also went electric but he never got a good shave from it. He had a perpetual five o'clock shadow.

Top Bottom