What's new

Open Comb March

I haven't heard of anyone planning anything for March, so if there are no plans and people are interested, I thought it would be an Open Comb March.

Use your favorite Open Combs, or try a new one, if you haven't used one yet.

I plan to start out with a Open Comb Micromatic, and follow that with the Merkur 12C.

Any takers?

My one blade February has all been in open combs too, but considering almost all I use to start with are the Bostonian and my Tuckaways, I think it's safe to count me in. :laugh:

I did my first month of open combs for OCtoberfest and kept going from there. It's safe to say I'll be using an Old Type when now using a straight.

I pretty much only use my MMOC now, so it shouldn't be hard! My minuteman kind of has an open comb too, so I guess my two favorite SE razors will get the nod for the whole month.

I don't think I can commit to shaving ONLY with open combs for the entire month, but since I've got my #15 coming, and I'm still trying to decide wether I like the New or New Improved better, you can bet I'll be doing a lot of open comb shaving in March. I've also got a Single Ring combo set coming, but I don't know if I'll even try that one.

Every month is open comb for me. Love those Gillette News. I will try this old Micromatic open comb. Found some Treet blades and anxious to see how the shave compares with the Gillettes.

I will certainly be using my latest acquisition - a long comb English Gillette.

It shaves beautifully, couldn't believe what a comfortable shave I had with it this morning.

I just can't work out what it is.

It has the flat base plate of a NEW but doesn't have the channel for a NEW cap. Instead it has 2 "keyhole" shaped holes and the 2 studs on the cap are shorter than those on the Old Type.

Can anybody tell me what it is and when it would have been made?

This sounds like a great idea, but March will be here by this time next week, and I'm still in my Kai blade review cycle for another week after that. I really hate to change tools in mid-review. I will have to start late, I guess. I haven't picked up an open comb for months, now. It really is time to revisit them.
-- Chet

I suppose I could go with my NEW for the month... sounds like a good way to determine where in the list of favorites it belongs.

I will certainly be using my latest acquisition - a long comb English Gillette.

It shaves beautifully, couldn't believe what a comfortable shave I had with it this morning.

I just can't work out what it is.

It has the flat base plate of a NEW but doesn't have the channel for a NEW cap. Instead it has 2 "keyhole" shaped holes and the 2 studs on the cap are shorter than those on the Old Type.

Can anybody tell me what it is and when it would have been made?

It might be a Frankenrazor. Hopefully, someone else can provide a better answer.

I will join the fun with my current new and hopefully sometime in March one of Bobs New/w Bull mastiff handle.
Mike

Reporting for duty!

proxy.php

Top Bottom