What's new

Online liquor retailers?

Can anyone recommend an online liquor retailer? I'm looking for a fairly specific spirit (Plymouth Sloe Gin) and the Washington State Liquor Control Board is hampering my best efforts to get it.

The two I know of and have heard good reports about are Binny's and Sam's Wines. Both are based in Chicago. I have never used them, myself, because liquor shipments into my state are forbidden.

Tim

I have used both Binny's and Sam's before. They're both highly respectable online wine and spirits retailers based out of Chicago. The one caveat with using them is that since they're based out of Chicago, shopping with them during peak weather seasons (such as winters and summers) may result in some unintended shipping spoilage (especially for wines) should the package end up in a chicago shipping airport limbo for extended periods of time. They are well aware of these issues and take care to advise their customers accordingly.

Another good online retailer with some decent sales is www.shoppersvineyard.com. I've been able to purchase some unbelievable single malt deals from these guys, and again, top-notch customer service.

--Dennis

Another good online retailer with some decent sales is www.shoppersvineyard.com. I've been able to purchase some unbelievable single malt deals from these guys, and again, top-notch customer service.

--Dennis

The store is incredible too. Every once in a while they have models promoting a product like Zywiec, Tyskie, Chivas... well you get the idea..

Great selection, friendly knowledgeable staff, and models. :biggrin: What a store!

Cheers to drunkentester and DunEdinRanger. Shoppers Vineyard had both bottles I was looking for and actually ships to the great state of Washington.

If you ever make it to the NYC Metro area, be sure to hit the store up. There is a bus that makes a stop about a quarter mile from there which comes from NYC and a local bus stops around the corner.

Or you could just drive from Washington state. Take I80 East to NJ. Exit 53 to US 46 East to NJ 3 East to the Bloomfield Ave Exit. Make a right. Go straight. Make it through the Allwood Road Traffic Circle. Breathe a sigh of relief. Continue on Bloomfield Ave past the Home Depot. It's where all the cars are pulling in. :biggrin:

Top Bottom