What's new

One Year, One Brand for 2016

There are lots of great soaps out there and you can shave well without spending a fortune. Were I to join the fray, my options would be DR Harris (in different scents), Haslinger (in different scents), MWF or perhaps Tabac and Sir Irisch Moos (now wouldn't that be a blast?)

Well, I have tried the Tabac and La Toja so far. I like Tabac a lot, but am willing to try some new ones as well. I just thought that maybe going for saponificio varesino would be an option. I like scents of Dolomiti and Manna. Think would also like their traditional one and for sure would like yo try the Tundra. The 70th anniversary is too much modern to me. So, will evaluate my possibilities. Thanks for good tips.

This is coming along nicely. It would neat if we all posted pics of our brand/scent choice as the month winds down.

I'll post mine tonight if I remember. I have 11 pucks laid out (I used a 2016 one for this December), so will have to add in another.

The chances of me sticking to the scents I chose for each month are pretty slim...but I hope to make it the entire year with Haslinger.

Nice to see this thread up and running. As there was plenty of talk about this venture in the 3017 thread I looked through my collection and realized I don't have enough of one manufacturer to give this a shot. Like [MENTION=58407]Jarick[/MENTION] and others, by country I have plenty of variety though. Maybe in a few years I'll find the one stand out performer for me and will then do a year of ______.

Subscribed anyway as I'm curious about a few mentioned items. I know a few are going to really enjoy themselves, but for the uninitiated, good luck!

strop

Now half as wise
I will be with you in spirit. I will still be using the Marlborough until Feb. so could easily do a year of DRH. I only have one other puck of unopened DRH and therein lies the rub. I promised myself that I would work thru all mu opened and partially used stuff before opening any NEW ones. I might be able to do this in 2018!

$Haslinger Stash.jpg

Now that I think about it, I don't have a problem, I have an opportunity. An opportunity to load Haslinger like I hate it for a full year! I'll be livin' the sheep milk dream baby!!!

This is ALL my Haslinger, including post 2016 backups (6 Sheep, 5 Coco, 2 Honey, 3 Aloe).

The ones in a row are my 11 lined up by month for 2016. I don't know what I'll throw in for the 12th one, if it comes to that.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1449110028781.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1449110028781.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 135
Count me in! Looking forward to seeing what all this Haslinger noise is about :thumbup1:

*Edit: BigJ, I see that you're signing up. I added your name to the list.

1. mikeschu - Haslinger
2. brucered - Haslinger

3. brianw - SCS
4. Madscotsman - B&M
5. snowman - Haslinger
6. Haggises - Mystic Water
7. MDV39 - Mikes
8. _Brad - Arko
9. pax238 - CRSW
10. vtmax - Haslinger
11. martym - Stirling
12. 1Cal - Tabac
13. Cosmos Mariner - Haslinger
14. BigJ - Haslinger

Last edited:
I will be with you in spirit. I will still be using the Marlborough until Feb. so could easily do a year of DRH. I only have one other puck of unopened DRH and therein lies the rub. I promised myself that I would work thru all mu opened and partially used stuff before opening any NEW ones. I might be able to do this in 2018!

No worries, Mark; you blazed the trail for us in '13.

I will say this: to be done with partials is an amazing feeling. I have only one partial left, but it's one that I've been using for travel.

Thanks everyone for keeping the list up to date.

Good participation so far and it looks like we have a good range of brands. Surprised nobody has jumped in with RazoRock yet.

Top Bottom