What's new

One Custom Made Burl Maple Scales Free

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I got the scales today. They look even better in person. I will mount them in the next couple of nights and post pics. Thanks again S****.

Ok BigFoot, now they are waiting to see you put them in the new scales. :)

On the microbolt after you cut it to length you will need to sand or file the bolt down and them back the nut off but don't take it off completely. Also, torq it down so the blade will not freely move unless you like it that way. I was going to send a rivet with it but I don't know if everyone is comfortable riveting. I have the equipment to do it also but the problem is the pins bend so easily.

Last edited:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
First off let me apologize, I said that razor had a Solingen Blade. I got my blades mixed up. This ugly dude has Sheffield Steel. It is freshly honed as well, I was darn careful changing those scales.

I was a bit nervous at first thinking I might screw something up or break the scales. It was piece of cake. I took a series of pictures through the progression.

Anyone want a set of vomit looking Scales? This was a great PIF and I now have a razor I no longer have to hide. Thanks again Mr. Wolf.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 20
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 21
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 20
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 20
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 21
Glad that you are happy with them Bigfoot. Please make sure to thank Blackhawk too he was the one that sent me the microfasters. Also just to let you know you will not have any issue with the bottom spacer because it is epoxied into place.

Top Bottom