What's new

Olive Oil..

I made my own PSO, from a recipe I found somewhere on this forum. Bought an 8 oz. soap dispenser, filled it with 4 oz castor oil, 4 oz. EVOO. Works as good as that $22 stuff. I fell into that oil or no oil argument, and tried no oil, bleed like a stuck pig!! So, I will stick to the PSO for awhile.

When I'm in an Italian mood, I rub a basil leaf over my face before applying the olive oil.

On French days, it's a mix of thyme, lavendar and tarragon.

For Fiesta-time, it's cilantro, plus a touch of serrano oil if it's winter.

Whatever my mood, I enjoy the salad days of shaving. :biggrin: :lol:

If you added some fresh tomatoes and some Provolone...maybe some balsamic vinegar, we could put your face on the Food Network!:thumbup1:

I USED to think the same..."oils for cooking boys"
but no longer..
I read and started doing this...
http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/
and my face has not felt better EVER!

I really cannot believe just how great it is..
It took some time to find the "right mix" of oils for my dry skin but :thumbup1:

For me.. 80% EVOO, 10% Castor Oil, 10% Jojoba
this may change as the winter is in full swing and with the forced air heat, it is DRY...
I tried more Castor Oil but no-way, my face would be sooo tite!
pretty wild really the way Castor Oil is...

What about shaving with it? I read the article, but it seems to address only cleansing the skin.

Stupendous!! I assume you'll want royalties for the concept? :w00t:

Nope...not my idea. One night, my ex-wife/lover Martha Stewart, rolled over, looked me in the eye, and told me that idea.

Then she got up, found some moths, made them spin some webs, wove some silk, made a cute nightie for herself, dyed it red, got my breakfast cooking, painted some cute little bears on the bedposts, painted the house pink and orange, and came back to bed to tease me with a stock tip.:lol::lol:

What about shaving with it? I read the article, but it seems to address only cleansing the skin.

There are sites all over the net about shaving with it by itself. Just do a search in Google or something and you'll find a bunch.

To each their own. I think a few thousand years of traditional secrets can't be wrong.

If you added some fresh tomatoes and some Provolone...maybe some balsamic vinegar, we could put your face on the Food Network!:thumbup1:

That's hilarious!!!! Or maybe he could just rub some ground beef on his face instead of cold water and throw the patties on the grill.

I have tried this and it works awesome. Its an essential oil blend from Bath and Body works - They don't make that stuff anymore. They also stated on the label that it was okay to use it on skin. They labled it as Pure seesntial oils blended with safflower oil.

It basically had safflower seed oil, chamomile neroli, patchouli, sandalwood, orange oil and vit B.
It had no perfumes but a good strong smell. Worked just fine. But I am currently using my Truefitt and hill .

When I first started I used a little GFT Skin Food as a Pre-Shave, but after perfecting my lather there was no longer any need.

I must say that the AOS oil is the best moisturizer I've tried yet, sadly it's costly as hell and smells kinda bad. The scented stuff might be better. The T&H oil isn't as good, but it smells beautiful (kinda citrusish/orangeish/sweetish). I'm wondering if the AOS Lemon Oil smells similar...

If you want to make your own great shaving oil, do a 50/50 mix of olive oil and castor oil. What you get is what AOS is selling to you at 23€ per 60ml. If you add your own fragrance oils to the mix, you get their scented stuff. :biggrin:

Although I don't use it as a preshave, I find the benefits of using it as a facial cleanser/moisturizer has left me with softer smoother skin that is much less likely to be nicked or gather irritation...
actually haven't had a nick since using this... plenty before..
kind of a win/win situation :cool:
just wanted to share the wealth :thumbup1:

Sounds like a great idea! I think I'll try it tonight.

Just to be clear, the oil goes on the face and then the lather is put right over it, right? That sounds a bit strange to me, but that's what I gather is the way to do it from the postings. Also, how much oil should I use? About a teaspoon?

Whew ... glad I won't owe royalties to Mr. Gillette!!! As for the hamburger, that's a go since it's better than making my face into hamburger with an uncoated Blue blade. :lol:

Ok, that link to the oil cleansing method got the best of me and I went out and bought some EVOO and some castor oil...so tonight I am going to try making a batch of face wash! I currently use Dr. Bronners soap and it is awesome, but this is just interesting.

I already have some really good PSO from this organic company called Herbology for Men, but I may have to try out the EVOO for PSO. I truly don't know if the PSO gives me a better shave or not, but I like using it and I keep getting good results. I have really sensitive skin, so anything to make the shave better is good by me.

J.

I recently bought Kiss My Face olive oil soap and its been working great. The OCM wasnt getting me the results i wanted, but i probably didnt have the right mixture for my skin.

Going to try today 50% jojoba/oilve. Tell you later. One thing is sure, plain jojoba after shaving.

Last edited:
Top Bottom