Old time hockey

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
1687710804507.png

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Habs vs. Rangers?

One of the best zingers in hockey- a fan to Craig McTavish- "Hey McTavish, your helmet needs a haircut!"

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I saw Dryden a lot when he was in college. Cornell was a powerhouse club comprised of 25 year old guys from Flin Flon and Saskatoon. Not an American on the team. The only teams in the east who could keep up with Cornell were Clarkson and Boston University, whose rosters were also full of older Canadian guys at that time. While at Cornell, Dryden played 83 games, won 76 of them, and finished with 13 shutouts, a 1.59 GAA and a .940 save pct. Unbelievable. He had been drafted by the Bruins, but his rights were traded to Montreal while he was at Cornell. One night in 1967-68 Montreal's Hector 'Toe' Blake sat right in front of my father and me at Boston College's old McHugh Forum, where Cornell was playing BC. Toe was there checking up on his new property. He autographed my program, which is in a box here somewhere.

No desire to get into Canadian politics, but you've got to admire what Dryden has done with the talent God has given him as an athlete, a lawyer, an author, a broadcaster, a scholar, and a political figure. Few have lived as full a life as Dryden has done.

dryden cornell.png

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Great picture.
You know what I love as much as Plante in goal with no mask?
All the people in the stands in suits and ties. You don't see that anymore. :laugh:
Virtually all men as well. The custom of jackets and ties persisted in Montreal until the late 70s, some years after it had disappeared elsewhere.

Top Bottom