What's new

Old School Pine Scents

Can anyone recommend more than one old-school pine scent for men? I remember coming across a recommendation some time ago, but I cannot remember the name. It wasn't Pino Silvestre.

Thanks in advance, Gents for any help you might offer.

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet, Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green, Coty Aspen, Caron Yatagan, and Polo Green are a few I can think of.

I've got to say that Blenheim Bouquet is one scent from Penhaligon's that just doesn't work for me. I have a bottle somewhere and used it maybe three times. Although I appreciate the scent it didn't work for me. I am thinking that the Pine note is something that just doesn't work well on my skin though I'm should try it again in the Winter, while wearing wool and something tweedy... or maybe not...:001_huh:

Sounds like you may have found the name you were looking for, but I'll chime in with my praise for Quorum ($15 for 3.4oz at TJ Maxx/Marshall's/Ross) and Yatagan. You should probably be careful buying Yatagan blind as it's not for everybody, but man oh man I LOVE the stuff. Check reviews at fragratica and basenotes websites.

just received a bottle of Pino Silvestre EdT.

This stuff rocks!!

proxy.php

No mention of Agua Brava? I was trying to decide between Pino Silvestre and Agua Brava...chose Agua Brava, and I'm glad I did! It's a dry pine scent, like the NJ Pine Barrens, and not at all like a Christmas tree. For me, it's the perfect warm-weather scent, along with the other classic Puig, Agua Lavanda.

I use both as aftershave splashes. Neither is overwhelming.

Top Bottom