What's new

Occupational Shaving Mug usage questions.

Sea Buckthorn soap.

I would just put soap in the mug, load the brush, and then face lather. When you are done, just leave your brush, bristles down, in the mug. That is, if you really want to be old school about it.

:wink2:Ok good. Please send some along as well as a tiny lipstick version to fit in that gold tech applicator.

Ok good. Thanks. Now I just need to pick a soap for this mug.
Maybe Fiji Mermaid.

Who wants to chime in with a nautical suggestion?

My suggestion EJ Sea Buckthorn (Also the same as Muhle Sea Buckthorn) It's a 65 gram puck if I remember right, and about the same diameter as a puck of Williams, should fit right down in that cup. I've used the stuff now about 5 times, not really expecting much from it, but I've found it to be TERRIFIC stuff.

The sea buckthorn is some of the slickest lather I've came across if you like slick soaps. Very dense alao. I have soft water, so if you have hard water, YMMV as always.

Well call me Nanny boy Nancy and take me Carp Fishing on Valium. I ordered some Fijian Mermaid and Ill Repute, but I guess now I'll have to get some SeaBuck.

Just tried out the mug with the Vie-long, too deep without a puck in there, unless I get Rudy to make me a paintbrush.(((hmm, mental note(post that on the wish list(and remember mental notes aren't actually written down.)))

Sea Buckthorn soap.

I would just put soap in the mug, load the brush, and then face lather. When you are done, just leave your brush, bristles down, in the mug. That is, if you really want to be old school about it.

Great way to develop a permanent half moon curvature of the bristles.

yeah I like old skool, but not THAT much.
I really want a horsehair/badger combo paintbrush to use in there so I think I'd take care of it.

Nice occupational shaving mug. I wonder, did the people who made those ever do one for themselves, that said "Occupational Shaving Mug Maker"?

I bet it would have been a pretty large mug.

Well the MS Fijian Mermaid arrived today. Shaved it down to fit in the mug. Mug was great. Soap was a little too unpumped Bilge for me. I better get some of that stuff v and bkfist recommeded.

Top Bottom