What's new

North Alabama / Southern Tennessee Get-Together

I'd love to do March 10th but my wife and daughter will be out of town, so I have kid duty with my sons that day unless something changes. If the 10th is best for most folks, I say we go with it. I'll try to figure out a way to get somebody to keep the boys for a while.

I guess now we need to figure out where we want to try an get together, as well as time.

Suggestions???

I'd love to do March 10th but my wife and daughter will be out of town, so I have kid duty with my sons that day unless something changes. If the 10th is best for most folks, I say we go with it. I'll try to figure out a way to get somebody to keep the boys for a while.

I guess now we need to figure out where we want to try an get together, as well as time.

Suggestions???

How about March 10 at 1pm, at the Bridge Street Starbucks (inside the Barnes and Noble)??

March 17 would be good but u guys don't mess up yourselves for me. If the 10th is good for most we can go with it. If any can't make it, maybe we can plan a followup a few weeks later. I'm going to do my dangedest no matter what day.

I'm in! I voted for March 17th at 1pm. Thanks to Bamabubba for the work he's put into this.
@ tchudson, I've been to unclaimed garbage (intentional misspelling, it's what we call it at our house!) many times, and have never seen shaving equipment of any kind, vintage or modern. Neat place, though. I still go there occassionally, mostly to look at what's new. Years ago you could get junk for really cheap, but times have changed and their pricing has followed ebay as their model.

Thanks Mike. I used to go to UB when we had a store here. As eBay and the like took off,, their prices got beyond reasonable on most stuff.

The timing just isn't right for me to make this coming from Nashville. I'm expecting my daughter to make her appearance in this world sometime in the next couple weeks. I hope it works out and if/when it does someone take some pics and share them for those of us that can't make it.

Hey man, you can't leave us hanging. That baby girl made her debut yet??? Congrats, btw!!

In addition to the Captain's generous offering to us, I've dug out a Genco resto candidate and a new small C.O. Bigelow shave cream to bring as "prizes" as well. Nothing fancy, mind you, but I figure we all get excited over "special" stuff ;)

Please remember to vote/reply in the POLL thread linked above!!!!!!

Hey man, you can't leave us hanging. That baby girl made her debut yet??? Congrats, btw!!

Thanks for asking and for the congrats! Nope, she got a guess date of 3/11/12. But with my wife this pregnant I won't be going anywhere anytime soon that is far from home.

I remember those days well...with all three!

My guess is 3/10 @ 18:45 :D

We'll keep mama and baby in our prayers for an easy delivery (and daddy for calm :lol:)

I remember those days well...with all three!

My guess is 3/10 @ 18:45 :D

We'll keep mama and baby in our prayers for an easy delivery (and daddy for calm :lol:)
Much appreciated! With our son being 2 weeks late my wife will gladly take 3/10! We covet your prayers especially as we use a mid-wife and have a home birth. It's an amazing experience.

i am 40 minutes south of birmingham but want to make the trip,,just need a time and place and what about a swap meet my rad has wore off and have way too many de's

Last edited:
Tider come on man! Swaap sounds great. I may bring stuff myself and am bringing a ouple of things to "raffle"

Top Bottom