What's new

Nib Acquisitions for May 2012

My wife and children went out this morning to hit some garage sales. They scored a blue Watermen Hemisphere with converter for a measly quarter. Still in the box, converter unused. It looked like the recipient of this pen ran through the initial cartridge then set it away. My wife, I think I'll keep her.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
My wife and children went out this morning to hit some garage sales. They scored a blue Watermen Hemisphere with converter for a measly quarter. Still in the box, converter unused. It looked like the recipient of this pen ran through the initial cartridge then set it away. My wife, I think I'll keep her.
Unreal. I never get this type of luck- please post a pic

I got an order in from the Goulet Pen Company on Friday. Included were 4 empty Platinum ink bottles. In them (after cleaning), I will pour my three Pharmacist Iron Gall inks and part of my bottle of Noodler's Kung te Cheng. Obviously based on the review, I got a bottle of Noodler's Liberty's Elysium. Finally, I got an A4 sized pad of Clairefontaine 90gsm paper for use in reviews.

I bought a Top Flite spiral bound one subject notebook at Dollar Tree yesterday to give me an additional low end paper as well. I also bought an AMPAD writing pad some time this week for the same purpose.

You have seen ink and pen reviews from me. I will eventually start doing paper reviews, too. I am not nearly as versed in what makes for a decent paper review, so it is going to take a while for me to figure that out. I now have perforated Rhodia, Clairefontaine, Staples Sustainable Earth, AMPAD efficiency, AMPAD writing pad, TOPS Second Nature, Sam's Club brand, Hammermill Tidal MP, and Georgia Pacific 20 pound paper for things I can scan and several other paper types that aren't scannable.

Unreal. I never get this type of luck- please post a pic

proxy.php

proxy.php

Took a bit of cleaning to get the dried ink out but it is re-inked and ready to go now. The nib (M) is buttery smooth. It lays down a healthy line.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Three bottles of Sheaffer peacock blue ... the old bottles with the 'ink well' built in near the top of the inside ... for $1 each.

Picked this up today at an estate sale. Sheaffer 909 fountain pen, BP, and pencil set. Unused as far as I can tell and without a scratch. Case is in near perfect condition as well and should clean up to look like new.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom