What's new

Nib Acquisitions, April 2015

Sweet Jack Knife John. I have always wanted one of those, but not wanted to pay the price. Glad you found a good deal:thumbup1:

Nothing really awesome, but I kinda like em.
$2 new.jpg

John, that Parker Lucky Curve is awesome! :thumbup:

Sweet Jack Knife John. I have always wanted one of those, but not wanted to pay the price. Glad you found a good deal:thumbup1:

Chef, I LOVE that vintage Jackknife, what an amazing find!!!!
Thanks guys! I wouldn't have got it if it wasn't in as great shape as it was. She is a desk queen sitting proper besides some pelikans and an old Waterman Ideal.

I came home from a visit to the home office to find two boxes waiting for me. The first was a Pelikan M600 gift set I won off the auction site. It wasn't clear if it was an M400 or M600 so I bit accordingly and ended up with it. This one is a Green/Black with a fine nib. The second box contained a user grade Montblanc 149 with either a fine or extra-fine nib (not really sure which). So far I'm enjoying both!

Here's my latest 4 from this past week:

Pilot Metropolitan, Bronze Lizard, Fine Nib
Parker Urban, Black, Medium Nib
Parker 45 Classic, Green w/Flighter Cap, Fine Nib
Sheaffer Imperial II Deluxe, Gray, Fine Nib

I have two more on the way as well and one (Pilot Prera) should be here next week. The other may take a month. It's on it's way over from Japan.

1st set;

Diamine inks: Oxblood, Red Dragon, Ancient Copper.

Soennecken S6

Franklin - Christoph Model 20 Marietta EF
$IMG_0475.jpg $IMG_0476.jpg

Tom

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Sweet sets, Tom, I hope you have some A4 notepaper.

How do you like your Soennecken Schulfuller?

Sweet sets, Tom, I hope you have some A4 notepaper.

How do you like your Soennecken Schulfuller?

I am using my Rhodia as FC was out of their lined journals.

I am having problems with the Soennecken as I can't get ink to the nib. I cleaned and flushed the pen, I have put the nib in my ultrasonic cleaner, still no joy. I will have to do some serious inspection tomorrow. I liked the flex of the nib when I had filled it and it wrote until it used up the ink on the nib.

Tom

Platinum 3776 soft fine in Chartres Blue ordered. Also ordering an A5 leather portfolio for pads of paper (Rhodia, Clairefontaine, etc). Pics when they arrive. Here's a teaser from the web -

proxy.php

Picked up two more pens on Saturday.

I took a little trip up to Anderson Pens and spend a good hour or so with Brian and Lisa and had a wonderful time meeting them. I will be back to visit them for sure. Great people with fun conversation and a wealth of knowledge. They even put up with my wife and two kids hanging around the store as well.

I picked up nice Sheaffer Sovereign Snorkel while I was there as well as a couple bottles of Anderson Inks. Can't wait to get it inked up and writing. Feels great in my hand and with the little bit of testing I did.

On the way home, I stopped by my in-laws to give my MIL a pen that my wife bought from the Andersons. While we were there, my MIL pulled out a Eversharp Skyline that her father used to use. She received it from him when she was a young child and inked it up once and used it. It has been sitting for 50 years since then. I will be sending it off to get it restored and working again.

I picked up some supplies to try to restore a pen, but I think I want to send this one out to someone who won't accidentally mess it up. Too special for that. Her dad passed away many years ago, so I would love to get it restored and working again. I was very surprised she gave it to me when she is getting back into pens a bit and she loves antiques.

I need to either get a camera or learn how to take better pictures on my cell phone. Sorry for the poor quality.

And with all the Platinum 3776 Century posts around, I had to get on the bandwagon. This just shipped out yesterday to me.

proxy.php

My Grandmother gave me her Sovereign. It has a F nib that is super smooth. It is a touchdown filler and not a snorkel. Sheaffer had some lever filler sovereigns out just before the Touchdown filler. I had one for a while but let it go at the last pen show.

You are going to love it.

Top Bottom