What's new

Newbie signing in

So I decided to take up wet shaving after turning apoplectic when seeing how much refills were for my Gillette Fusion 5 blade. Here are the products over bought and the results I've had.
Brush:
Escali 100℅ Pure Badger. Excellent results and NO hairs have fallen off. Trick is to soak it in hot water while I take my pre shave shower.
Soap:
VDH. Watery and did not provide good protection or lather.
Proraso. Excellent lather and protection with great scent. Had to work on it a little to get that lather.
Col. Conk Bay Rum. The best smelling bay rum out there. Similar lather to VDH.
Arko shaving stick. My go to soap. We face and rub stick on it and then in 10 seconds of brushing on the face I have the best lather of any of the soaps. The larger that is on the brush easily lasts all three passes without having to be worked on like the other soaps.
Razors:
Edwin Jagger DE89LBL- good shave with most blades (not feathers) and hard to cut yourself. Too easy and shaving is not a challenge.
MERKUR 1904- same as DE89
FEATHER Double Edge Shaving Razor-I've only used with Feather blades as I was sure they would make the one razor that can be used with their abominable blades. I've bled less in combat. I have yet to have a decent experience with this one. YMMV
1966 Gillette Slim-as you would assume with an adjustable it gives a great shave no matter what sensitivity you have. I go with 6 on the face and reduce to 5 or 4 on neck.
1958D4 Gillette FatBoy-best shave bar none. Just the right weight and angle. Slim is better around the nose though.
Accident
Barber Alum-it just works
Blades:
Wilkinson Sword. Never again. They start rough and end rough. My Derby and Persona blades are at the same level of comfort after 5 days of use s these are on the first day.
Feather Hi-Stainless Platinum-these leave me bleeding no matter what razor I use our what seeing on my adjustable.
Astra Superior Platinum-decent shave for about 2 days and then gets rough.
Derby- 5 days or more of God shave from these bad boys.
Israeli Persona- 5 or 6 days of good shaves. These are amazing!

I see you have good shaves with the Derbies and Israeli Personnas.

Top Bottom