What's new

Newbie from Canada

Okay, so last night I visited my Dad and tucked away in his basement I found a box of my old belongings from when I lived there. In this box I found the safety razor that he gave me when I was 14. I later identified the razor with help from this forum as a Gillette British Rocket Flare Tip circa 1955. In 1955, my Dad was 14 and his father had bought this for him. I spend an hour and cleaned it up. I now have my first DE razor with some significant family history - which at the time that I got it went completely unappreciated.

I have also placed an order this afternoor from Fendrihan in Toronto for a Merkur 38C Barber Pole DE razor, a sampler pack of blades, a silvertip badger brush and some Mitchells Wool Fat soap.

And so it begins ... and with much thanks to the fine people on this site!

Okay, so last night I visited my Dad and tucked away in his basement I found a box of my old belongings from when I lived there. In this box I found the safety razor that he gave me when I was 14. I later identified the razor with help from this forum as a Gillette British Rocket Flare Tip circa 1955. In 1955, my Dad was 14 and his father had bought this for him. I spend an hour and cleaned it up. I now have my first DE razor with some significant family history - which at the time that I got it went completely unappreciated.

I have also placed an order this afternoor from Fendrihan in Toronto for a Merkur 38C Barber Pole DE razor, a sampler pack of blades, a silvertip badger brush and some Mitchells Wool Fat soap.

And so it begins ... and with much thanks to the fine people on this site!

Nice choice I have been also eyeing the 38C on Fendrihan's site but now I can't decide on the 38C or the 12C

decisions, decisions

Top Bottom