What's new

Newbie checking in

Hello fellows! I’m 57, live in Maryland USA

I want to improve and enjoy my shaving more.

I’ve been wet shaving nearly 25 years, but almost never very seriously. Just a ”Get the job done” shaver. But recently I watched a few YouTube videos from Kensurfs and now I want to enjoy my shave more.

I use a Merkur 34C razor, blades: Derby, Feather, a couple others in the past. Never developed a strong preference. Last few years I just rub some Cremo on my moist face after a shower. Thats pretty much my whole routine. Yeah, it’s not a pleasant shave. I have some new shave products arriving tomorrow. A Simpson Trafalgar synthetic brush, and preshave, cream, and aftershave of the Proraso Eucalyptus and Mint variety.

Hey, if I wanted to share a shave experience I had, in order to get feedback or just becaus, would I post that in the Shave of the Day thread, or would I start my own Journal thread?

I’ve been wet shaving nearly 25 years, but almost never very seriously. Just a ”Get the job done” shaver. But recently I watched a few YouTube videos from Kensurfs and now I want to enjoy my shave more.

I use a Merkur 34C razor, blades: Derby, Feather, a couple others in the past. Never developed a strong preference. Last few years I just rub some Cremo on my moist face after a shower. Thats pretty much my whole routine. Yeah, it’s not a pleasant shave. I have some new shave products arriving tomorrow. A Simpson Trafalgar synthetic brush, and preshave, cream, and aftershave of the Proraso Eucalyptus and Mint variety.

Hey, if I wanted to share a shave experience I had, in order to get feedback or just becaus, would I post that in the Shave of the Day thread, or would I start my own Journal thread?
Welcome to B&B. You'll learn a lot here.
For sharing your shaves, you might try this thread.

Welcome to B&B.
Either would be suitable but you may get more feedback from the Shave of the Day or even the General Shaving Discussion forum.

I like Cremo, it just made my face slick when I sweated. The shaves were good and it smells nice. I have since moved on and started lathering in a bowl. but now I face lather. There are plenty of good soaps around. Welcome B&B

Welcome and greeting from Raleigh, NC! Worked many year in the I-270 corridor in Maryland. Germantown, Rockville, Gaithersburg. Also worked in Columbia, MD for a handful of years.
Oh ho! Thanks! We live near Rockville. Nearing retirement, we’re looking to move elsewhere. It’s gotten way too developed here, and the taxes are far from favorable for fixed income retirement!

Oh ho! Thanks! We live near Rockville. Nearing retirement, we’re looking to move elsewhere. It’s gotten way too developed here, and the taxes are far from favorable for fixed income retirement!
Oh yeah. We actually lived just south of Martinsburg, WV in Inwood and I commuted to Rockville every day. 340 to Frederick and I-270 to Rockville. I did that for seven years. Lots of windshield time. We moved down here to Raleigh area in 2016. It is getting crowded here as well with the Research Triangle and all though.

I am about your age. Had many razors, soaps, creams and brushes. About 9 months ago I saw this ad on Instagram about an aerospace company making razors and I bought one, a Henson. It was $69.99. About the same time a friend gave me some Jack Black Beard Lube and about a week later I gave everything else away.

The Henson is a superior razor and the Beard Lube I consider the Holy Grail.

Top Bottom