What's new

Newb here but not to shaving

Been shaving DE for years. Have also tried straight razors a few times but never had a decent strop/stone and as a result never got a good edge but may go back and try again now that I can afford to buy quality.

Just ordered a bunch of soaps from Honeybear Sue - I've been using basic commercial soaps for years and occasionally a soap from Burts Bees or some other purveyor - whatever I could find locally.

Anyway, stumbled on this forum and decided to say hello. Look forward to hanging with you all. Seems a friendly enough bunch.
Shawn

Lurch -- You'll really like the HoneyBee soaps. They lather up very well, and have nice cushion and slickness. I've been shaving 40 years, and really didn't learn to shave untill I came here a couple of months ago. This site has lots to read and lots to try, and the folks are friendly. Enjoy, and welcome aboard.

-- John Gehman

Goosemeplease said:
Welcome Shawn!:biggrin:

You are going to love those HBS soaps! which ones did you get?
I can't keep them straight - MamaBear Sue is the one I ordered from, at Bear Haven. Anyway, I ordered a bunch of "flavors" including dragons blood, rose, lavendar, and several others.

Too many Sues for me to keep straight but the reviews here were positive so I figured I give it a try. I still think Bay Rum is probably my favorite but we'll see...

BroJohn said:
Lurch -- You'll really like the HoneyBee soaps. They lather up very well, and have nice cushion and slickness. I've been shaving 40 years, and really didn't learn to shave untill I came here a couple of months ago. This site has lots to read and lots to try, and the folks are friendly. Enjoy, and welcome aboard.

-- John Gehman
Hi John,
Shaving for the same or a bit longer. Never really considered it an art form like some here do but still have enjoyed a warm brush and soap for a long time. Seldom miss a day because it just doesn't feel right.

Shawn, Welcome to B&B. This is a fantastic forum full of friendly folk (unintentional alliteration - I promise!).

Top Bottom