What's new

New Year's Eve Dips, Appetizers

I know, I know we are all sitting by the fire and enjoying our Christmas Food coma........ However New Years Eve is close and we have a tradition of just noshing on Dips and Appetizers, as we don't go out with all the silly people. So share some of your favorite dips and nosh!

This is one we found at Krogers years ago and they don't seem to carry it anymore
( I would post photos, but I have made it twice since Monday and it is all gone, LOL )

JARLSBERG Cheese Dip

8oz Jarlsberg ( the real stuff no fat free, reduced calorie of the Blech)
1 cup Mayonnaise
1/4 red onion dice very fine
Salt & pepper to taste.
Triscuits or favorite cracker

Large grate on the Jarlsberg
Add Mayo and onions
Fold all together
add Salt and pepper.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours
Served Chilled with favorite cracker

I was good with my food intake this Christmas, so I don't mind thinking about New Year's Eve. For us, simply shrimp scampi and perhaps some bacon wrapped scallops are all that's needed.

Sent via Tapatalk

My favorite dip is cream of tacos...put a block of velveeta cheese, 1 can of rotel, 1 can of chili, and 1 can of ranch style beans in a crockpot and cook until the cheese is melted. Add a tub of sour cream a little before it's time to serve so it's not still cold. Eat with tortilla chips until food coma sets in.

Favorite appetizer is sausage balls. Mix a roll of breakfast sausage (or 4 for a big batch!), some bisquick, and cheddar cheese. Roll up in little balls and cook on 350 until the sausage is done. These are mandatory at any family get together and you can't cook enough.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Corn Chips and black bean Salsa.

Black Bean Salsa
1 can (9 oz) black beans – drained and rinsed
1 Cup Drained kernel Corn
1 Cup Diced ripe tomatoes
1 Finely minced shallot or some green onions
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Cider vinegar or lime juice
2 Tbsp Finely chopped parsley
½ Tsp Minced garlic
To Taste Salt / Black pepper

Combine all ingredients and gently toss.

I am still in baking mode from Christmas. I think I will do some butterscotch cookies,a pecan pie, whipped cream, and some cheesy popovers (probably mozzarella or beer cheese).

New Years has always been black eyed peas and cornbread for as long as I can remember.

Guess it will be the same this year.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
A cheese platter is always a winner. Some grapes go well with it.
cheese-board_orig.jpg

Create-a-gorgeous-cheese-platter.jpg

I quite like a nice pate and maybe a hummus dip.

20171229_204702.jpg

Went with our usual cheese board, three cheeses, Morbier, Bell Creme brie and a Scottish aged cheddar, charcutarie platter, added a fruit tray which we've never done before, that was a winner. A few different dips and spreads, pomegranate jelly and various appetizer. Bowls of nuts and chips, pickle plate, mixed olives, pate, chocolate covered coffee beans... Had five new recipes we'd never done before for our unsuspecting guinea pigs.

A new hummus, eggplant tartare, bacon wrapped bacon, fried halloumu with salsa verde and pickled onion, a smoked salmon brushetta. All from a new book by a local chef who's restaurants we often eat at and we'd also done a class of his a few years ago so we had a pretty good idea what we were getting into.

file3-1.jpeg
file1-1 (2).jpeg
file5-1.jpeg
file4-1.jpeg
file-3 (2).jpeg
file-3 (1).jpeg

file6.jpeg

Happy New Year
dave

Thanks Owen!

I could go for a hot dog or two.

As we were sampling and trying ti figure out how best to do the bacon wrapped bacon my daughter and i both thought they were very reminiscent taste wise, of a hot dog.

dave

Top Bottom