What's new

New Whipped Dog Two-Band

Got mine in last night, did his Oxiclean treatment, and found this:
proxy.php

I did a palm lather and the brush also seems to be predisposed to having donut holes. The hair easily got tangled and I had a difficult time getting it back to normal.

Larry and his brushes typically receive high praise, so I will give the brush an honest shot.

The handle is wonderful for the price, but in all honesty I think the TGN knots are of much higher quality.

Shave results coming soon.

Ooo gross. Mine was also a bit on the dirty side, but I had no problems with knotting or anything like that. I had a shave with mine last night. It had a little more scritch than I was expecting, but wasn't uncomfortable.

I received mine a couple of days ago and have one shave with it.
The water was dirty after my original wash and got cleaner after
each wash. No other problems presented and the smell subsided
much quicker that with my WD silvertip. I am very pleased with the
brush, better backbone, a little more scratch than the silver but not
to the point of annoyance. Overall I am pleased with my purchase
and as always Larry was a pleasure to deal with. Buy with confidence
from Larry, a stand up guy.

So what are the updates guys? What are your overall thoughts.

I've been using this brush almost exclusively since I got it, and am liking it more and more with each shave. It started off pretty prickly, but has been softening up a bit each shave. So far, I have had no problems lathering up anything in my den. Last night was d.r. Harris Arlington soap, and the wd make quick work of it.

As far as critiques, I do wish this brush was more densely packed. It isn't that it is sparse, but when looking at the 2 band vs the silvertip, it is definitely noticeable. This is also reflected in the amount of water it holds. Not a deal breaker at all, but I do find myself dipping the brush more than my wd silvertip or my soc boar. The other thing is the initial scratchiness in relationship to the loft. The first few shaves, it was pretty prickly, at least for me. I left my knot at the standard loft, 55mm I think. I could imagine that with the added backbone of a lower loft it would have been a bit uncomfortable out of the box. Granted, it does break in and soften up, you just have to be aware of that going into it.

Overall I think this brush is a good value and a great performer. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others to try out. Of course, it doesn't compare to some of the better simpsons and shavemacs ect, but at 30 bucks, it is an awesome value in a brush.

I ordered a 24mm high mountain and a 24mm slivertip today. Both with the 55mm loft. Also I only face lather and I don't think I will mind the 55mm on the silvertip.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for my WD 2band to come. Larry shipped it out last week but it has to clear the border before it reaches me so it could be waiting for me at home or show up in November. I'm not in a rush though.

It will be interesting to compare it to my other 2bands (TGN finest and F2, Simpsons, Shavemac D01 2band (sold)). If I remember I will do my best to post a comparison.

I'm waiting for my WD 2band to come. Larry shipped it out last week but it has to clear the border before it reaches me so it could be waiting for me at home or show up in November. I'm not in a rush though.

It will be interesting to compare it to my other 2bands (TGN finest and F2, Simpsons, Shavemac D01 2band (sold)). If I remember I will do my best to post a comparison.

I look forward to the comparison. Keep us posted.

Top Bottom