What's new

New User FAQ

D

dromanell

Such great info here. Dug into the FAQs and forum posts as much as my "break" from work would allow :001_rolle, but can't seem to find anything on choices regarding what type of DE razor is preferred for the rookie.

In doing a quick search online, there seem to be many options - straight edge vs. open comb vs. slant bar, adjustable vs. non, 2-piece vs. 3-piece, etc.

I understand it's all a personal choice, but is there something of a "starter" DE to consider for someone completely mystified, but entirely enthusiastic, about beginning the (hopefully life-long) wet-shaving ritual?

Right now, my beard grows in a bit coarse, and I have somewhat sensitive skin that does redden up after a shave, especially under the chin. I have the luxury of not needing to shave every day, but might start if this experience turns out to be a truly special one.

Thanks so much for the advice!

Such great info here. Dug into the FAQs and forum posts as much as my "break" from work would allow :001_rolle, but can't seem to find anything on choices regarding what type of DE razor is preferred for the rookie.

In doing a quick search online, there seem to be many options - straight edge vs. open comb vs. slant bar, adjustable vs. non, 2-piece vs. 3-piece, etc.

I understand it's all a personal choice, but is there something of a "starter" DE to consider for someone completely mystified, but entirely enthusiastic, about beginning the (hopefully life-long) wet-shaving ritual?

Right now, my beard grows in a bit coarse, and I have somewhat sensitive skin that does redden up after a shave, especially under the chin. I have the luxury of not needing to shave every day, but might start if this experience turns out to be a truly special one.

Thanks so much for the advice!

You'll get a lot of recommendations here, but you can't go wrong with a vintage Gillette Superspeed as your starter razor. There's a reason why they made these for so long and sold so many.

:blush: now I KNOW I asked dumb questions... all the answers are covered here.

What I find the most amusing was my user title, it went exactly as I progressed through the learning curve... "in M3 remission"... right after I posted M3 questions... "DE envious" ... as I shop for a DE shaver etc...

Not only was this an interesting post, but I learned quite a bit of internet short-hand.
I AM the digital future.

Great post! I've only been shaving with a DE about a month. It gets better with each shave. I'm currently using my grandfather's black beauty. I want to buy a nonadjustable razor that isn't to aggressive to use while I have the Gillette replated. Any ideas?

Great post! I've only been shaving with a DE about a month. It gets better with each shave. I'm currently using my grandfather's black beauty. I want to buy a nonadjustable razor that isn't to aggressive to use while I have the Gillette replated. Any ideas?

You should start your own thread on your questions.

Top Bottom