What's new

New to fountain pens

A friend of mine who has long been into fountain pens (both vintage and modern) has convinced me to give them a shot. Not wanting to jump in too deep just yet, I just ordered a Waterman Graduate, a converter, and Pilot Iroshizuku Fountain Pen Ink Shin-ryoku Deep Green. I look forward to all arriving so I can give this a shot.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Remember a light hand is essential and try to learn to write with your whole arm and not your wrist.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
If you write with your wrist you rotate the nib in relation to the paper. With pencils, ball points and roller balls that makes no difference but with fountain pens it changes the relationship between nib tip and paper. It also creates more stress over writing sessions. Also you will need to hold the fountain pens closer to a 60 degree angle.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
While writing with your arm is the preferred method, writing the way you normally do will work just fine too. Enjoy your new pen and welcome to the sickness!

If your right handed try writing with you left and vice versa to get the feel of writing with your arm

Top Bottom