What's new

New Straight Razor: Checker Wedge

I recently bought this little beauty from Ambrose, and boy is it freaking sharp. Its called a Checker Wedge and it looks like its from i guess a company called: "Middle States Jobbing & Import Co., USA"

Anyone ever hear of them before... All i know is this razor looks likes its going to shave amazingly well. I did a few tests at work and the hairs cut so easily...

Here are some pics... Sorry, I admit Im not the best photographer when it comes to stills...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The pics look good to me.
Im glad you like it bud, just wait till you shave with it :biggrin:
Keep us posted on your SOTD tomorrow, Im curious of your thoughts on the heavier grind.

Ok update on the Checker Wedge...

I just finished shaving with it for the first time. Since this is the second straight razor I have ever used + the first wedge, I took a little extra time. The thing I noticed immediately was the extra weight of the wedge, required a tiny bit softer touch. It seemed to work better than my Shumate. Extremely sharp, and very smooth to shave with. I did encounter one small cut, on my chin while I was trying to clean beneath my lower lip area. Aside from that very very nice. I did two full passes, skin plus some cleanup. I did break my tech out to get the lip area bbs, but thats just because Im not proficient there yet.

All and all amazing stuff. Very glad I bought it.

Top Bottom