What's new

New Shavemac in Honor of the Configurator Closing

I hope that has more backbone than I'm expecting. I ordered #87 in Damascus Red with 22/46 in finest badger.
The backbone feels pretty good, dry, and brand new in my hand and face. I have one more Shvemac arriving soon and a Shavemac flat top knot with a Rudy Vey handle Rudy is working on before I am finished with brushes for a while. I already own a couple of brushes that are fantastic and might never be beat for my needs. These recent orders allowed me to try different things to see what is out there. Like a lot of the shaving gear I own, I am at the point with brushes where there is significant overlap and no particular utility to owning some of my options. It is fun and has become more of a hobby than expected. I tend to hold onto things, but if I have brushes that have no utility to me and I don't enjoy using them in my rotation, I will probably sell them or PIF with a giveaway.

Last edited:
Two Band Silvertip D01 22/48 Fan. I'm sure the finest badger will be nice, but this is the home run. Excellent backbone, very soft, and the handle is great.
IMG_4691.jpg

Today, I tried the Finest Badger Shavemac, and it is a really great brush! It has a better backbone than I anticipated, and the handle feels perfect. I wasn't sure about finest, but wanted to give it a try and I was pleasantly surprised.
View attachment 1806394
great to hear abut this. I'll feel like I didn't waste $100 on something that's going to be too floppy.

I'll have to contact Benrd again as I never heard back from him about changing the loft of my D01 to 46mm instead of the smallest default in the configurator 50mm. I did get the invoice email and confirmed that prior to me knowing I could get a lower 46mm loft. I hope I wasn't too late even though it was the day after the configurator closed when I emailed him about changing it to 46mm.

EDIT: Just checked my email and Bernd sent the revised invoice with the 22/46mm size for the D01. Yeah!!!!

Last edited:
great to hear abut this. I'll feel like I didn't waste $100 on something that's going to be too floppy.

I'll have to contact Benrd again as I never heard back from him about changing the loft of my D01 to 46mm instead of the smallest default in the configurator 50mm. I did get the invoice email and confirmed that prior to me knowing I could get a lower 46mm loft. I hope I wasn't too late even though it was the day after the configurator closed when I emailed him about changing it to 46mm
I recently purchased a Simpsons Tulip 3 in Best Badger, and that brush is a little floppy for my preference. I was concerned the Shavemac Finest would be similar, but Finest is considerably better. I like the Best Badger in the T3 for variety, I've just become partial to smaller less lofted knots with more backbone since I picked up the SImpsons X2L Colonel in Manchurian.

Top Bottom