What's new

New Plant-Based Synthetic from Mühle

Are you talking about that there's so much lather on the brush handle you are in fear of dropping the brush? I cringe when I watch video's of some people while lathering and lather is running down the brush over the hand and down ones arm... If lather or water even gets half way down the handle for me, muchless on my fingers, I'm stopping and cleaning the handle off so it doesn't get to that point. That's just common sense and the same applies while handling your razor.
Agreed, I used to get annoyed at having to clean the handle so often.. but after dropping it from being lazy and not cleaning and it flying out of my hand several times, even chipping one of my nice C&H handles.. I have accepted it is the cost of doing business and would rather clean the handle several times than have to go back to the puck and start over to have enough lather.

@apshaveco I ordered a Muhle STF XL from you a little over a month ago and then just placed an order for another STF XL and a G5C...

Two questions: are both of these STF XLs the new plant based ones? Additionally, how does the G5C stack up to the STF? I have reviewed your guide and LOVE the STF. Would just love slightly more backbone on it, and maybe just a little scrub? Not too much though, my Chubby 2 Sovereign synth irritates the heck out of my skin by the 3rd pass unless I haven't shaved in multiple days.

I am still new though, what are the main benefits of scrub in a synthetic aside from exfoliation?

@apshaveco I ordered a Muhle STF XL from you a little over a month ago and then just placed an order for another STF XL and a G5C...

Two questions: are both of these STF XLs the new plant based ones? Additionally, how does the G5C stack up to the STF? I have reviewed your guide and LOVE the STF. Would just love slightly more backbone on it, and maybe just a little scrub? Not too much though, my Chubby 2 Sovereign synth irritates the heck out of my skin by the 3rd pass unless I haven't shaved in multiple days.

I am still new though, what are the main benefits of scrub in a synthetic aside from exfoliation?
I don't think either of those are the new plant based fiber and that they won't be available for another couple weeks. I think all the STF knots up on the site now are still from the last batch he received and not the new ones.

I have a 26mm G5C and it is HUGE compared to the 25mm STF, it just really fans out. It's less soft, has slightly more backbone and mine doesn't hold water as nicely as the STF. But overall the G5C is great. I just probably would get a 24mm if I got another one

Top Bottom