What's new

Hey, new here, I have been doing a ton of research, and will be starting my wet shaving journey soon. Too late for first gear recommendations, as my wife is buying everything for me for Christmas, though I have some strong suspicions as to some of the products. I have watched a ton of videos and read a lot, but feel free to leave any tips for when I finally get started

PS: I think she got me a Viking's Blade adjustable razor, I know she got me a tub of Zingari Man Navigator, I don't know about the brush other than I anticipate it will be synthetic

Hey, new here, I have been doing a ton of research, and will be starting my wet shaving journey soon. Too late for first gear recommendations, as my wife is buying everything for me for Christmas, though I have some strong suspicions as to some of the products. I have watched a ton of videos and read a lot, but feel free to leave any tips for when I finally get started

PS: I think she got me a Viking's Blade adjustable razor, I know she got me a tub of Zingari Man Navigator, I don't know about the brush other than I anticipate it will be synthetic
Welcome.
Its a shame you have to wait till Christmas.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Welcome to the B&B community. When I started wet shaving back in February of 2022, I had a beard as well.... A Covid beard, we called them. I trimmed it off with my fine blade set hair clippers as well. It did take a few shaves for my face to get used to shaving again. I had blood weepers in quite a few places for those first couple shaves. But after just a couple weeks, all was well.

If you are interested, you can read the journals posted here:

Many of us learned so much from the journeys of others here. If you enjoy reading, the wealth of information here is amazing. It can seem overwhelming at first, but you'll fit in in no time.

Very nice introduction and welcome to B&B! The home of the smoothest bunch of folks on the internet (yes I did not forget about you @FarmerTan). Looks like you have a bit of a head start there. Very nice of the lady to get you started down to wet shaving land. Just to forewarn you that I have heard there are a bunch of enabler here as well. Keep that information to yourself.

Very nice introduction and welcome to B&B! The home of the smoothest bunch of folks on the internet (yes I did not forget about you @FarmerTan). Looks like you have a bit of a head start there. Very nice of the lady to get you started down to wet shaving land. Just to forewarn you that I have heard there are a bunch of enabler here as well. Keep that information to yourself.
To be fair as far as scented soaps and aftershaves are concerned she might be the enabler, I know I am getting the Zingari Man Navigator because she ended up with a sample of it thrown in with one of her orders and fell in love with the scent, she is very big into scents in general so I imagine I will have no issue talking her into a few more soaps/creams as long as she likes how they smell

To be fair as far as scented soaps and aftershaves are concerned she might be the enabler, I know I am getting the Zingari Man Navigator because she ended up with a sample of it thrown in with one of her orders and fell in love with the scent, she is very big into scents in general so I imagine I will have no issue talking her into a few more soaps/creams as long as she likes how they smell
You are lucky to have an enabler! I have an unabler! :sad:

Well I will only be getting that for scents she likes, I did order the sample pack of the Razor Emporium house brand shave soaps to see if any of those catch her nose as it were, I also will be trying to figure out what the best Creed Aventus inspired shave soap/cream is because she loves that scent (even if it is out of my price range right now) and I know several shaving brands have copies of it

Top Bottom