What's new

New Kindle announced

Rock Chalk Phog! I too wave the wheat ( its a Kansas round ball thing for those uninformed :001_rolle )

Here is my take on the Kindle. I have owned two - the original and now the Paperwhite. In addition I have a MacBook Air and an iPad.
I have always had a book or two with me and read two to three hours a day outside of business, so a dedicated device is not a big deal.
The Paperwhite was a huge improvement over the original Kindle in terms of functionality and ease of use. In looking at the Voyage, I am intrigued with the resolution, lighting and a few of the new features. Will I run out and buy it for $199 - not at this time as I don't feel the differences are enough to push me over the edge. Now in 6 months if its in the $150 range I might consider it. To me if its easier on my older eyes and a touch more functionality it would be a likely buy but not now as I am pleased with the Paperwhite.

Hi John. Thank you for the nice response. I had wondered about the various e-ink readers and wherher they really made that much difference between them. Of course an LED or LCD screen is another beast entirely but it is going to be a hard sell to anyone but the most voracious readers to buy an e-ink display that costs as much as a really good Android tablet. I do think if I ever bought one I'd spring for the 3g model so I could get material anywhere. Rock Chalk.

I really suggest you demo the new Voyage because, if you look at the monitor quality, it's only incrementally better than the Paperwhite. The Paperwhite is a better deal, though a Fire has a great screen, decent response, and an exceptional price. If if you're not satisfied, you can return in within the month.

Of course, the iPad is even better, but some people don't like paying that kind of money.

I had a kindle keyboard that died on me and I replaced it with the paperwhite. The paperwhite has some great features, most notably the built in lighting. I prefer the page turning buttons of the keyboard, I've gotten used to it, but that feature alone could tempt me to upgrade. For the record, we have several different iPads in the house and you couldn't pay me to give up my kindle for reading if it meant I had to read on a tablet. I would go back to hard copy books before I would do that. YMMV

Top Bottom