What's new

New inks coming

So today I just ordered some new inks for my new pens. Pilot VP and Monteverde Invincia. I got a bottle of Parker super quink and Noodlers air corp blue black. The question that I have is I've only used the cart in both of those pens and have heard that some inks can ruin nice pens. Should I be wary of either of those? I've used Noodlers in 2 pens before, 5'Oclock shadow, no problems but those were cheapie.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
So which Noodler's inks should one be concerned about, other than Baystate Blue. I've only used bombproof Black without any problems, but just got in Noodler's Antietam.

Last edited:
So which Noodler's inks should one be concerned about, other than Baystate Blue. I've only used bombproof Black without any problems, but just got in Noodler's Antietam.

That's what I'm saying, I was going to get a bottle of heart of darkness with the pen but I went with the Quink because I've heard good things about it.

I really like Noodler's Liberty Elysium but I am somewhat hesitant to put it in my Esterbrook as I have heard of some problems with the sacs, I am tempted to give it a shot though.

Edit to add: Be careful when you open the bottle the first time! Noodlers inks are filled to the very brim of the bottle and spillage can easily occur. My desk has a stain from Noodlers Purple.

Noodlers inks are generally safe to use, with the exception of the Baystate inks. Mr. Tardiff can say whatever he wants about "cheap plastic," but that ink kills pens and stains everything in sight. Use with caution, and only in pens that you won't lose sleep over it "altering."

Noodlers inks are very saturated, and with all saturated inks, just practice good pen hygiene. Flush your pens often, and do not leave them sitting for more than two days without use. Definitely not several weeks.

Some Noodlers inks vary batch-to-batch, so their properties are different. Some have been reported to be "greasy" inks that smear on good paper as they dry, dry in the feed after a few days, or just don't flow very well (these "quirks" I have personal experience with).

Liberty's Elysium has been reported to be a bit difficult to clean, and to mildly stain converters. It's no Baystate Blue though...you just have to work a bit harder to get it squeaky clean. Manjiro Nakahama Whaleman's Sepia has been reported to be dry and prone to staining.

At the end of the day, they are fountain pen inks, and thus are safe to use in fountain pens. I personally no longer use them, and several pen restorers warn against them, but you also have scores upon scores of satisfied users who love them and put them in all sorts of pens. So if you want to use them, go ahead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom