What's new

New Guy Here.

OK I lost my post twice thanks to being on android and having a toddler. Anyhow I converted my wife as she had went and bought a new cartidge razor. I explained to her how gillette came up with selling the razor for cheap to make money off the cartidges, and showed her a 50 pack of blades I had purchased for a little over 5 dollars and how that 1 blade would do better and get closer than her 40 bladed latest and greatest.She seemed interested but I scared her off by telling her all the don'ts of DE shaving. Well that night she got out of the shower and her legs were tore up by her new razor, and she had rough patches on her legs as well. I told her to give the DE a try and that I would show her and help her and make sure she got a good shave with no nicks or bumps or rough spots. She agreed and onto the Web I went searching leg shaving and woman's wet shaving and just read all I could read. Well the time came for her to shave her legs and I asked her instead of her trying it and getting a bad shave why not just let me do it and see what wet shaving can do. (A youtube video said to just do it for them) and she had stated she would try the wetshaving but if she got bad razor burn she wouldn't do it again. So I told her to go take a hot bath and when she was done to come in my shower because you can sit down in it. As she was in the bath I prepared some unscented shave soap, with just a little bit of proraso cream so that the menthol was diluted down but the lather still had the cooling effect ,just in case I made any mistakes. I got the razor I felt was mildest for me which was my slim adjustable and I believe I set it to 3 possibly 5 and I threw in a derby blade. I explained how I had the razor "turned down" and I had put a very mild blade in it, but I would of rather had a shave that was not as close than to hurt and scare her away using something more aggresive. I explained all the steps in detail as I did them from lather to brush, and she fell in love with a hot lather immediately. So I began explaining the no pressure , and she was telling me how it wasn't going to work etc. I told her to listen to the razor and also showed her how to place the razor straight up and down and tilt down until she felt and heard the razor. I did a 2 pass shave on her first pass was across and second was against. I had some dove for men sensitive post shave balm that doesn't really have a smell to it, I applied that after the cold water rinse. After the shave she couldn't stop feeling her legs and said they had never been smoother, she asked a few more questions , and asked me what razor she could use. I grabbed all the razors I shave with and told her the hold them all and whatever one she felt she could control the best and not apply pressure with to use. She winded up using the same slim I used on her and the same razor I learned to wet shave with. I have since bought a few more vintage gilletes, and a de89lbl but she will not give up that slim. Which is the way I am with the de89 I mean if your getting great shaves why change? The only drawback to women wetshaving is the products for woman are kind of limited. I'm telling you guys though if you want your mrs. Or g/f whatever to enjoy the hobby with you give them a shave, you will thank me later.

Last edited:
Welcome to the B&B! Glad to have you.

Are you from Alabama? I see your screen name is War Eagle just wondered if your an Auburn Tigers fan.

Yes sir, from Alabama and I love Auburn. Majority of my family graduated from AU and I had planned on going as well but for reasons unknown I picked Uncle Sam over Auburn and joined the army after high school.

OK I lost my post twice thanks to being on android and having a toddler. Anyhow I converted my wife as she had went and bought a new cartidge razor. I explained to her how gillette came up with selling the razor for cheap to make money off the cartidges, and showed her a 50 pack of blades I had purchased for a little over 5 dollars and how that 1 blade would do better and get closer than her 40 bladed latest and greatest.She seemed interested but I scared her off by telling her all the don'ts of DE shaving. Well that night she got out of the shower and her legs were tore up by her new razor, and she had rough patches on her legs as well. I told her to give the DE a try and that I would show her and help her and make sure she got a good shave with no nicks or bumps or rough spots. She agreed and onto the Web I went searching leg shaving and woman's wet shaving and just read all I could read. Well the time came for her to shave her legs and I asked her instead of her trying it and getting a bad shave why not just let me do it and see what wet shaving can do. (A youtube video said to just do it for them) and she had stated she would try the wetshaving but if she got bad razor burn she wouldn't do it again. So I told her to go take a hot bath and when she was done to come in my shower because you can sit down in it. As she was in the bath I prepared some unscented shave soap, with just a little bit of proraso cream so that the menthol was diluted down but the lather still had the cooling effect ,just in case I made any mistakes. I got the razor I felt was mildest for me which was my slim adjustable and I believe I set it to 3 possibly 5 and I threw in a derby blade. I explained how I had the razor "turned down" and I had put a very mild blade in it, but I would of rather had a shave that was not as close than to hurt and scare her away using something more aggresive. I explained all the steps in detail as I did them from lather to brush, and she fell in love with a hot lather immediately. So I began explaining the no pressure , and she was telling me how it wasn't going to work etc. I told her to listen to the razor and also showed her how to place the razor straight up and down and tilt down until she felt and heard the razor. I did a 2 pass shave on her first pass was across and second was against. I had some dove for men sensitive post shave balm that doesn't really have a smell to it, I applied that after the cold water rinse. After the shave she couldn't stop feeling her legs and said they had never been smoother, she asked a few more questions , and asked me what razor she could use. I grabbed all the razors I shave with and told her the hold them all and whatever one she felt she could control the best and not apply pressure with to use. She winded up using the same slim I used on her and the same razor I learned to wet shave with. I have since bought a few more vintage gilletes, and a de89lbl but she will not give up that slim. Which is the way I am with the de89 I mean if your getting great shaves why change? The only drawback to women wetshaving is the products for woman are kind of limited. I'm telling you guys though if you want your mrs. Or g/f whatever to enjoy the hobby with you give them a shave, you will thank me later.
funny...is she a member yet?

Top Bottom