What's new

New from French Riviera

Good morning,
My name is Eric and I live in Nice on the French Riviera.
I am a beginner in the world of wet shaving (for 2 months) but I am really a fan.
I shave with the DE safety razor and I also start with the straight razor but here I test my time because I have a lot of apprehension.
I started to make a small collection of DE razors, straight razors, brushes, soaps and aftershaves.
I have so far:
- Razors : Mühle R89, Black Bird brass, Feather AsD2
- Straight razors: Grelot 6/8, Grelot Lotus 5/8, Friodur Henckels 6/8e

I come here to take a lot of advice and information and I hope to find new products and materials for my collection.
Hope to read you.
Be well
Welcome to B&B Eric!!

Best wishes,
Paul

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Hello Eric from Nice 'hobnobbing' with 'the rich and famous' in the [French] Riveria.
...Salut Eric my shaving 'mon ami' from Nice ('Rendez-Vous En Nice...Yeah Baby!!!).
1714772608692.gif

1714771146672.gif
proxy.php
1714771345872.gif
1714771444286.jpeg
1714771471604.jpeg
proxy.php
proxy.php
1714771806359.jpeg
1714771656133.jpeg
proxy.php

1711397610318.jpeg
Welcome aboard the B & B (besides being enrolled in the fictional, sacred and utopian Order of Shavedom), so please feel free to come up to the promenade / sun deck & 'sit-a-spell'.
1711333236559.jpeg

Sounds like your off to a great start and on your way to shaving nirvana and The Zen of Shaving, and yes,...this Forum has the knowledge, ideas, savoir faire, élan and all around 'know-how' to assist you in your Wet-Shaving experience. In a nut-shell...your 'gonna' love it here. :thumbsup:

Since you're also using a str8 (I'm too nervous to try myself :crying:...although I have a few 'display' str8's), razor, this Thread entitled "The Interactive Guide to Straight Razor Shaving" maybe of great interest to you and is very informative (which I'm sure you've probably already read).

Q. What other tools / brands of brushes, soaps, scents (ect...), are you using?
proxy.php

And please don't forget The 7 P's of Shaving...Prepare, Patience, Pressure, Practice, Persistence, Post shave and Passion.
proxy.php

Although, you may not be addicted yet (I think I'm holding up fairly well...with a few exceptions), because we all suffer (gladly and perhaps are doomed), from this shaving compulsion (and other Acquisition Disorders), because at times..."Resistance is futile".
1711398449603.gif

proxy.php
1714773011938.gif
1714773183278.gif

Lastly, please don't forget once you get time....to tell us a little about yourself in the Hall-of-Fame sub-forum.

shaving-icon-jpg.1006443
"[For] many people, [shaving] is not [simply a] voyage of discovery, but a ritual of reassurance". Philip Andrew Adams

Last edited:
Good morning,
My name is Eric and I live in Nice on the French Riviera.
I am a beginner in the world of wet shaving (for 2 months) but I am really a fan.
I shave with the DE safety razor and I also start with the straight razor but here I test my time because I have a lot of apprehension.
I started to make a small collection of DE razors, straight razors, brushes, soaps and aftershaves.
I have so far:
- Razors : Mühle R89, Black Bird brass, Feather AsD2
- Straight razors: Grelot 6/8, Grelot Lotus 5/8, Friodur Henckels 6/8e

I come here to take a lot of advice and information and I hope to find new products and materials for my collection.
Hope to read you.
Be well
Welcome, Eric. I’m visiting Nice for a couple of days. You’re very lucky to live here. Enjoy the B&B community.

Top Bottom