What's new

Need Dress shirts

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I just took the plunge on this 3x 99 offer. They are arriving later this week. Have high hopes but really just hope the fit is okay.

Let us know how it goes.

I bought a lot of CT shirts years ago ... my favourite was the "slim fit sea island" ... but haven't bought from them in years. (I found that I had amassed a collection of shirts that will easily last me "forever" so ... why buy more?) It'd be interesting to know how they have resisted the perpetual urge to cut corners and rest upon the laurels of past glories.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Let us know how it goes.

I bought a lot of CT shirts years ago ... my favourite was the "slim fit sea island" ... but haven't bought from them in years. (I found that I had amassed a collection of shirts that will easily last me "forever" so ... why buy more?) It'd be interesting to know how they have resisted the perpetual urge to cut corners and rest upon the laurels of past glories.
True. I also have plenty of dress shirts, and no need, as I'm retired.

But I still buy them for special occasions. If they are on sale it is justifiable to my pea brane.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Let us know how it goes.

Well this is embarrassing. The shirts are first rate. I’m not totally a fan of the texture cotton but that will due. But the embarrassing part is I’m a fat And in denial. I’ll call it freshman 20 lol. The shirt fits perfectly except the neck. I need an extra 1/2 inch bigger my exact size is tight. And it squeezes the bottom of my neck creating a cleavage of sorts. Yes this look sent me straight to tears. So I’m going to try a bigger size with hopes that the rest of the shirt for is still okay. And I should try to eat less and workout.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
1676383029357.png

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Well this is embarrassing. The shirts are first rate. I’m not totally a fan of the texture cotton but that will due. But the embarrassing part is I’m a fat And in denial. I’ll call it freshman 20 lol. The shirt fits perfectly except the neck. I need an extra 1/2 inch bigger my exact size is tight. And it squeezes the bottom of my neck creating a cleavage of sorts. Yes this look sent me straight to tears. So I’m going to try a bigger size with hopes that the rest of the shirt for is still okay. And I should try to eat less and workout.
Not to be a negative Deb downer but my story is not a happy one with CT. I had to spend an inordinate amount of time on their website to start the return /exchange. It’s on a slightly different site where I couldn’t find a link but anyway they use a QR code for the return. I wasn’t comfortable doing this so spent more time making sure I had the code ready to go for my trip to the post office. I had to make a special trip for this and of course the code was invalid. This is after several tries and the CT website has no easily available telephone number to contact someone. Just a chat bot. After interacting with that I almost went completely bonkers. The upshot is I get the pleasure of trying to reprocess an exchange online assuming I can and retype in the order number and size and exchange sizes and then try to print a shipping label this time and then go back to the post office. No option for drop box or pickup. Email to customer service not responded to. Chat bot never followed up either 😩 In a way I’m glad im
Only out $100 on this fiasco. No way these shirts are worth this about of bs and frustration. I don’t want to but I will get these returned but I will never darken their internet door ever again.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
This is a horrifyingly pricy alternative, but IMO it is worth it. Mercer and Sons make the definitive OCBD. You talk to David or Serena to place your order. It will take a long, long time to arrive. To me they are worth the wait, but my entire dress shirt wardrobe is five. The basic model is billowy, much as Brooks was in the 1970s, but nicer. They will make a slimmer fit (or just about anything else you want).

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Not to be a negative Deb downer but my story is not a happy one with CT. I had to spend an inordinate amount of time on their website to start the return /exchange. It’s on a slightly different site where I couldn’t find a link but anyway they use a QR code for the return. I wasn’t comfortable doing this so spent more time making sure I had the code ready to go for my trip to the post office. I had to make a special trip for this and of course the code was invalid. This is after several tries and the CT website has no easily available telephone number to contact someone. Just a chat bot. After interacting with that I almost went completely bonkers. The upshot is I get the pleasure of trying to reprocess an exchange online assuming I can and retype in the order number and size and exchange sizes and then try to print a shipping label this time and then go back to the post office. No option for drop box or pickup. Email to customer service not responded to. Chat bot never followed up either 😩 In a way I’m glad im
Only out $100 on this fiasco. No way these shirts are worth this about of bs and frustration. I don’t want to but I will get these returned but I will never darken their internet door ever again.
Update
In case my negative experience needed more updates But just to add this if you’re ever considering CT. Don’t.
The online return site will not recognize my order number. Probably because I had started the prior return. It also doesn’t recognize the tracking number the system previously gave me. (With the bogus QR) Chat bot never emailed me a return label. “He” 🤥
So now I need to prepare myself to try to call them.
I thought chat bot was as my new friend 😩

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Not to be a negative Deb downer but my story is not a happy one with CT. I had to spend an inordinate amount of time on their website to start the return /exchange.

Sadly, far too many businesses make the purchase process reeeaaally easy and the return/refund process reeeaaallly hard. I guess they much prefer taking your money than giving it back.

The benefit to this is making the money flow much more toward them than from them, so that can seem attractive. The negative side of that, though, is that people get disgruntled with the process and end up permanently giving the business a miss. (I suppose they figure most of those people will, sooner or later, come back and buy again because every website is equally PITAish, and "oh well".)

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Sadly, far too many businesses make the purchase process reeeaaally easy and the return/refund process reeeaaallly hard. I guess they much prefer taking your money than giving it back.

The benefit to this is making the money flow much more toward them than from them, so that can seem attractive. The negative side of that, though, is that people get disgruntled with the process and end up permanently giving the business a miss. (I suppose they figure most of those people will, sooner or later, come back and buy again because every website is equally PITAish, and "oh well".)
Yes so true. I’m just not good with lengthy returns process either. So in this case having to call to get the return changed to get a printable label is such a pia it’s a block for me. It’s now an item on my to do list that I still haven’t done.

So, since you're getting your shirts fit to you, wouldn't it make sense to buy a regular fit shirt, and have it tailored. It's easy to take in, but almost impossible to let it out.
Buy a nice material for a decent price, and adding $30 for tailoring becomes a bargain.

Top Bottom