• Thunder

• Wranglers

• Outllaws

• Other

• Art is King!

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
You'd think/hope with all that money he'd hire someone creative to come up with an interesting, original name but i suppose this all comes down to ego appeasement.

dave
Dave:
proxy.php
...and I hate to have to say it, but the 'final' word, of course goes to the Owner. :001_rolle

proxy.php
"Las Vegas hockey...a city with a soul". CBJ

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Well, it looks like we have a team name for Vegas (wonder what the colors & crest of the jerseys will be?). :w00t:

Sean Gentille - Sporting News - 25 Aug 16

proxy.php
"Hey, the Las Vegas NHL team might have decided on a name.

As first pointed out by detroithockey.net, domain names related to the "Las Vegas Desert Knights" have been registered. Owner Bill Foley texted the Las Vegas Review Journal a no-comment about the whole deal.

This is two things: First, it's a good sign — the reported finalists had been Nighthawks, Desert Hawks and Red Hawks.

There is already an NHL team of some import with Hawks in their name. Short of a topical joke — like "Raptors," or more contemporarily "Harambes" — this would've been worst-case scenario. [...].

Second: that is still some Triple-A-baseball-caliber stuff. Foley originally wanted Black Knights (Army said no) and then just Knights (London's OHL team said no). Those would've been better, but still derivative.

Read More: Las Vegas NHL team nickname

"Las Vegas hockey: miracle in the Desert". CBJ

My vote is for the "Rat Pack" :001_cool:

I was going through this thread and the whole time was thinking Rat Pack and the last one in beats me to it. :thumbup1: I'll go ahead and +1 on that. I'm not a fan of hockey in Florida, North Carolina, heck, I'm from DC and love the Caps, but it's never cold enough there to freeze a pond so you can skate on it. Maybe Quebec will get their team back, or maybe Hartford will get the Whale back when these guys pack it up.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Since they'll probably suck, how about the "Coolers"?

Could also call them the "Hot Slots". :lol:

Or how about the "House", as in the house always wins?

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Well at long last, we have a team name for Vegas (the Golden Knights which will begin play in the 2017-2018 season in the Western Conference, Pacific Division), and the primary logo colors of blue, black and gold with the team colors of steel grey, gold, red and black. :thumbsup:

The jerseys will be displayed when posted on line. :w00t:

"The Knights will wear black, gold, gray, white and red in their uniforms, which will be made by adidas and are expected to be available late next spring after the company replaces Reebok as the NHL’s official sportswear supplier.

The Knights’ home jersey will be primarily gray with black and gold trim, along with white and red accents. The road uniform will be white with black, gold, gray and red.

The chest logo, which is primarily black and gold with some gray, has a knight’s helmet with a “V’ on the face within a five-sided shield. The shoulder logo has two swords intersecting and will be white, red and gold on a black background".

$Vegas Hockey.jpg Primary Logo $Vegas Hockey - 1.jpgSecondary Logo

Read More: Vegas Golden Knights

"Vegas hockey: miracle in the Desert". CBJ

Last edited:
If you dont have snow you shouldn't have a hockey team. I'm salty Wisconsin does not have a team.
I agree. If you can't ever play outdoors on natural ice, you have no business playing hockey there.
*waving my walking stick in the air*

Having endured my little rant I would like to see something like a desert name or something that is based off the city nickname (Sin City or City of Lights). My Idea: Las Vegas Neon, Las Vegas Sinners, Las Vegas Mirage.
My turn to rant. Now I have to disagree with you. Giving a team (in any sport) a name that is a singular or collective noun . . . it just ain't fittin'.
e.g. Tampa Bay Lightning, Colorado Avalanche, Minnesota Wild, Orlando Magic, Miami Heat, Utah Jazz. - all bad, and annoying.

Anyway, I stopped following hockey a before "The Mighty Ducks" became a team in the real world, so call them what you will.

"The Mighty Ducks" became a team in the real world, so call them what you will.

haha - i could not believe that when it happened. Hockey is the only sport I watch as much as possible - missed only two games of the Pens last year = this year I will miss more but I will even listen to hockey on the radio!

Golden Nights - meh. good thing they are in a a desert - no rain, that could have made for an interesting name , let alone logo :blush:

Top Bottom