• Art is King!

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Just make it easy on some people lol
View attachment 671879
Steve:
proxy.php
...besides being a name (from the now defunct IHL team), that 'flows' (wonder if it's authorized?), they already have a uniform scheme and logo! :thumbsup:
Anyway, doubts are the NHL will allow a team with a 'gambling' theme.
attachment.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

Home & Away Jerseys

proxy.php
proxy.php

Alternate (3rd), Jerseys

[FONT=&amp]“Hockey...The Coolest Game on Earth”!! NHL Official Slogan[/FONT]

Last edited:

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
San Jose is already using those colours.
Dave:
How about keep the name (Thunder), and change the colors to black, gold and gray, which matches with the color scheme of West Point, whose teams are known as the Black Knights, the Vegas billionaire’s initial favorite for the team's name (after receiving his B.S. degree in engineering from the Point, Bill served in the U.S. Air Force, where he attained the rank of captain)
proxy.php

proxy.php
"Las Vegas hockey...a city with a soul". CBJ

Dave:
How about keep the name (Thunder), and change the colors to black, gold and gray, which matches with the color scheme of West Point, whose teams are known as the Black Knights, the Vegas billionaire’s initial favorite for the team's name (after receiving his B.S. degree in engineering from the Point, Bill served in the U.S. Air Force, where he attained the rank of captain)
proxy.php

proxy.php
"Las Vegas hockey...a city with a soul". CBJ

Hello Christopher,

Not sure what Pittsburgh uses for colors now (haven't watched at all since the last lockout, i do keep playing) but they have used a similar color scheme in the past which included a gold apparently called "Las Vegas Gold".

For names, it seems to me that there have been quite a number of sport teams that have used Thunder, maybe that's been more regional then a national trend. Lived in Thunder Bay for a time, i may be getting confused with my names.

Roadrunners, they'd need to play in the Acme Arena/Center/Dome...., the Phoenix Coyotes would complete the picture, a rivalry with history.

Take care!
dave

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Hello Christopher,

Not sure what Pittsburgh uses for colors now (haven't watched at all since the last lockout, i do keep playing) but they have used a similar color scheme in the past which included a gold apparently called "Las Vegas Gold" [right now, there's many different & potential uniform templates online].

For names, it seems to me that there have been quite a number of sport teams that have used Thunder, maybe that's been more regional then a national trend. Lived in Thunder Bay for a time....Take care!
dave
dave:
You may have a point there in regard to the Thunder, but also in the same line, I believe it wouldn't be in proper Service 'protocol' to use anything West Point (the owner being a West Pointer [possible conflict of interest issues], and besides...the institution has it's own hockey team named the Black Knights), but there's no intellectual property concerns in regard to colors). :blush:

attachment.php
"Las Vegas hockey: miracle in the Desert". CBJ

How about the Las Vegas Short Timers. Vegas is notorious for not being able to keep sports teams, whether minor or product, for very long. When I did live in Vegas I enjoyed watching the Las Vegas Thunder and they were relocated. Years later the Wranglers were a better than nothing substitute. I didn't even care if they won or lost, just being able to watch a hockey game live and in person was a joy. Now the Wranglers are gone. Something similar happened with the baseball teams Stars and I'm not 100% sure if the Area 51's are still an active team or not. .

How about the Las Vegas Short Timers. Vegas is notorious for not being able to keep sports teams, whether minor or product, for very long. When I did live in Vegas I enjoyed watching the Las Vegas Thunder and they were relocated. Years later the Wranglers were a better than nothing substitute. I didn't even care if they won or lost, just being able to watch a hockey game live and in person was a joy. Now the Wranglers are gone. Something similar happened with the baseball teams Stars and I'm not 100% sure if the Area 51's are still an active team or not. .

LV Ephemerals

dave

Maybe just get a head start and call them the Hamilton Steelers as they will be moving out of Vegas to another city within 10 years.

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Apparently is will be something 'Hawks'...
jstr:
You might be right there...(looks like none of our [or anybody else for that matter] names made the list);

Todd Little - MSN Sports - SB Nation - 12 Aug 16

"The new NHL franchise in Las Vegas is creeping closer to having a nickname. According to SportsLogos.net’s Chris Creamer, Desert Hawks, Red Hawks and Nighthawks (or Night Hawks) are among the finalists.

The three “hawk” variants were confirmed by Bill Foley, with the Vegas owner adding there are two other names under consideration, which he chose not to reveal.

Hopefully, those two additional names are better than the three revealed by Creamer. Those names are pretty generic sounding and are all too close for comfort to Blackhawks [...], with Red Hawks being very similar to Detroit Red Wings as well.

Out of the three, Nighthawks is the best choice of the bunch. That nickname was once used by an AHL franchise that played in New Haven from 1972 to 1992, so it has some hockey history to it.

Speaking of the Blackhawks, back in the early 1970s, they objected to Kansas City’s expansion franchise being called the Mohawks (they ended up being the Scouts), so I not sure how Desert Hawks, Red Hawks or Nighthawks is going to fly with Chicago brass. But, then again, the NHL is making things easier for Las Vegas than any other expansion franchise thanks to that $500M entrance fee".

Sourced: http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/las-vegas-nhl-team-closes-in-on-a-name/ar-BBvxVI6

[FONT=&amp]“Hockey...The Coolest Game on Earth”!! NHL Official Slogan[/FONT]

Yes, i could not remember where I saw/heard that. Not very original, and I agree that is sounds to much like Chicago. I would like to just see Knights. Black Knights seems forced and this way you get the Black Knights reference and it is a sorta play on words.

And yes Hockey not only the coolest but best game on Earth :thumbup:

You'd think/hope with all that money he'd hire someone creative to come up with an interesting, original name but i suppose this all comes down to ego appeasement.

dave

There is the Calgary 'Hitmen' junior hockey team, founding owner Bret Hart, now owned by the Calgary Flames. Again may be naming conflict.

dave

There is the Calgary 'Hitmen' junior hockey team, founding owner Bret Hart, now owned by the Calgary Flames. Again may be naming conflict.

dave

Black jack and murder/assassination....

not much conflict there that could not be resolved by a Guido on Guido cement over shoes discussion

Top Bottom