What's new

Nacet

I've had 2 uses so far with my Parker 94r. It seems to me that nacet stainless blades are equivalent to GSBs, but cheaper, buying them off of ntguy from eBay!

My first Nacet shave today in a Tech. Excellent shave: smooth, close, comfortable... it may be my go-to blade. Looking at buying 100 or 200.

Nacet: Blade extraordinaire. Surpasses my experience with all other DE blades I've used. As I said in another post, or two, if my subsequent shaves are like today's, I'll invest in a stash of Nacet Stainless blades.

I just finished day two on a Nacet blade, and found them to be middle of the road. Not dull, but not the sharpest.

So far I am liking the Russian blades I have tried, most of them. I do like the Gillette Nacet blades slightly more then the GSB's. JMO.

So far I am liking the Russian blades I have tried, most of them. I do like the Gillette Nacet blades slightly more then the GSB's. JMO.

My feeling, too. I prefer Nacet to GSB blades: Nacet blades feels smoother to me and cleaves my stubble more efficiently. I found GSBs to be a bit rough for me.

Its funny, in my quest to try as many blades as I can get my hands on I came across two Nacet's. The stainless and the platinum. The stainless was a good blade, nothing that made me jump for joy. However the platinum was like....wow!!! yes!! For my face, the best blade I've ever used! And of course when I went to buy them in bulk I realized that the platinum had been discontinued. Bummer, that blade was a perfect match for me.

Its funny, in my quest to try as many blades as I can get my hands on I came across two Nacet's. The stainless and the platinum. The stainless was a good blade, nothing that made me jump for joy. However the platinum was like....wow!!! yes!! For my face, the best blade I've ever used! And of course when I went to buy them in bulk I realized that the platinum had been discontinued. Bummer, that blade was a perfect match for me.

the ones currently on ebays seem to be stainless ones. Did they discontinue the plat ones? or just hard to find?

Seems like you were raving about stainless, but there seems to be people swearing that platinum is much better.

Only one way to find out. Will need to try both. Already ordered some stainless ones. Platinum will be next

Seems like you were raving about stainless, but there seems to be people swearing that platinum is much better.

Only one way to find out. Will need to try both. Already ordered some stainless ones. Platinum will be next

For me, the stainless and the platinum were light years apart. No comparison in sharp, smooth and close factors. For some reason I always seem to do better with platinum than with "super stainless", "super, extra, ect, ect". I have yet to find a blade where the platinum didn't out perform the stainless.

Top Bottom