What's new

My Guess... 3017

I started my next 3017 effort this morning. La Toja is on the clock. Its been a while since I hit a cream. As most of you are aware its a top notch cream and although it is mild, I love the scent. Cheers and have a safe and joyful 2024!

View attachment 1770831

I have to put a temporary hold on 3017ing La Toja. I've got about 1/4 of the tube left. I was visiting some friends and I forgot my Dopp kit at their house. I won't get back there again for a couple months so I decided to start up a fresh 3017 effort and I'll circle back and kill off La Toja in a few months.

First shave yesterday with a new puck of Haslinger Schafmilch (veggie).....

Haslinger1.jpg

Unwrapped it and dropped it in my Proraso Mug......

Haslinger2.jpg

Soaked the big Omega boar.....about 30 seconds of swirling and my cup runneth over. Its a bit airy in this pic but I got it sorted out pretty quickly. So La Toja is an excellent cream.....and it cannot touch Haslinger in any performance catagory. Not even close.

Haslinger3.jpg

I have one puck of Pre de Provence and two pucks of Pre de Provence 63 in my backlog. That ought to be good for 18 months!
I have a puck of PdP that I'm saving for my 63rd birthday. Yeah, I know it's corny. I plan to use it with MacDuff's Birth of the Cool aftershave and/or Zingari The Soloist balm. It should be a good time.

I plan to go with the SV 70th Anniversary soap and splash set seven years later
:cool:

Reporting a kill. Used exclusively from mid October last year until yesterday.
A cheap, easily available splash. Works alright but the scent is too strong for me and it lingers for a while after use.
IMG_4475.jpeg

Moving onto my last bottle of Floid. This is one of my favourites and should last the rest of the year.

I am a fan of the floid. I managed to grab a few bottles and will be sad when I finally run out. I 3017'd a bottle of blue and it lasted 882 days... I think they last longer due to being 400ml and the fact that I use the squeeze bulb and that seems to use about half the amount compared to splashing a bit onto my hand.

In an semi unrelated note Pinaid Clubman looks good in an empty Floid bottle instead of the plastic one it came in. :cuppa:

[edit:] and in a feeble attempt to keep this more or less on topic.. Today was shave 93 for my puck of Tabac. It is now 32.2 grams lighter than when I started to at least the it is no longer getting heavier than when I started. :lol:

Last edited:
A cheap, easily available splash. Works alright but the scent is too strong for me and it lingers for a while after use.
View attachment 1824094
Moving onto my last bottle of Floid. This is one of my favourites and should last the rest of the year.

That a solid kill. For me AS splashes take forever to finish off.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
View attachment 1824094
Not complaining but would you mind awfully posting this kill to the aftershave 3017 thread aswell Aftershave 3017 Challenge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/aftershave-3017-challenge.470568/post-7734875 It is one of the loneliest threads on the forum and most people don't even know it exists. It would be great if we could get it going, it's just that it takes so long to kill anything it can go months without a single post

And by the way congratulations, it isn't an everyday occurrence to 3017 an aftershave

Last edited:
Not complaining but would you mind awfully posting this kill to the aftershave 3017 thread aswell Aftershave 3017 Challenge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/aftershave-3017-challenge.470568/post-7734875 It is one of the loneliest threads on the forum and most people don't even know it exists. It would be great if we could get it going, it's just that it takes so long to kill anything it can go months without a single post

And by the way congratulations, it isn't an everyday occurrence to 3017 an aftershave
Will do Mike.

Starting in March I broke out my Simpson Rover Synthetic. I generally don’t like this brush, as it suffers from the same problem the original Chubby 2 synths had, low loft and too dense. Good for painting when face lathering, but not a lot of fun to use.

So I put about 3 weeks into Sartorial with it, saw a significant impact on the soap and then moved to the CH2 synthetic at the beginning of April. I’ve since broken through the bottom and making steady progress to a finish. I’ll stick with this brush until I’m done, as I’m tired of the soap (though performance has been very good).

I doubt it will make it to May, so I’m going to have to pick my next soap soon. I’d like to crowdsource this one, as I have just 3 3017 soaps left:

Cade
Arlington
Wrisley Saddle Club

What say you, 3017ers?

Top Bottom