What's new

My Guess... 3017

Still going with Haslinger Schafmilch. Great lathers. I don't really detect any difference in performance or post shave face-feel between Schafmilch and other Haslinger soaps. I've heard it mentioned in other posts, but I detect no difference. I suppose I could do a side-by-side with my last remaining unused Haslinger puck (Marigold), but I'm far to lazy to do that.

I don't notice any difference either. My Sandalwood is winning me over and I am quite enjoying the mild scent it has.

It's the first Sandalwood I have been able to tolerate. Look how dense this stuff is :w00t:

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1424566237948.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1424566237948.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Seeing your pic of that dense lather really highlights for me a big difference between Haslinger and Cella. While I am getting great shaves from Cella, the lather is quite light. Slick, but light. Like I said earlier, I have a new found fondness for Cella, but it ain't no Haslinger.

Seeing your pic of that dense lather really highlights for me a big difference between Haslinger and Cella. While I am getting great shaves from Cella, the lather is quite light. Slick, but light. Like I said earlier, I have a new found fondness for Cella, but it ain't no Haslinger.

I get thick and slick lathers from cella. I do load it heavy, though.

I don't notice any difference either. My Sandalwood is winning me over and I am quite enjoying the mild scent it has.

It's the first Sandalwood I have been able to tolerate. Look how dense this stuff is :w00t:

Bruce...If you were to expand your sandalwood portfolio a bit by looking for a suitable AS splash, I found that the Captain's Choice Sandalwood was a very mild sandalwood scented splash. Good stuff.

Bruce...If you were to expand your sandalwood portfolio a bit by looking for a suitable AS splash, I found that the Captain's Choice Sandalwood was a very mild sandalwood scented splash. Good stuff.

The soon-to-be-released sandalwood soap is supposedly milder than the aftershave. I found the Bay Rum sample lathers much like Razorock, so that's an option too.

I get thick and slick lathers from cella. I do load it heavy, though.

The soon-to-be-released sandalwood soap is supposedly milder than the aftershave. I found the Bay Rum sample lathers much like Razorock, so that's an option too.

I enjoy the Haslinger Sandalwood, but it's not one I'd brought want to get in AS form. I'll stick with my Floid's and Proraso for splashes as I wasn't a fan of the Captain's stuff.

I enjoy the Haslinger Sandalwood, but it's not one I'd brought want to get in AS form. I'll stick with my Floid's and Proraso for splashes as I wasn't a fan of the Captain's stuff.

I like Proraso products but have yet to try the AS splash. It's on my "to try" list.

The shaves with PdP continue to impress. I've been enjoying a Vie Long horse hair for the last 2 weeks. Silky soft tips with great backbone. Pure luxury.:001_smile Reduced my loading time to about half a minute now and still get plenty for 3 passes.

Loaded up-
$PdP22ndFebVL1.jpg

and ready to go...
$PdP22ndFebVL2.jpg

Finished off the TOBS Sandalwood Cream yesterday. Really glad I re-visited this cream and got to 'learn' it. By the end I couldn't believe I ever didn't really like it! I'm going to go with one more cream before hitting the first soap. So L'Occitane Cade here we go...

TOBS Grapefruit Cream (end of tub) 1.i.15 - 10.i.15 [6 shaves]

Body Shop Maca Root Cream (end of tub) 11.i.15 - 29.i.15 [8 shaves]
TOBS Sandalwood Cream (30% left) 30.i.15 - 21.ii.15 [11 shaves]
L'Occitane Cade Cream (50% left) 22.ii.15 - ?

Last edited:
Finished off the TOBS Sandalwood Cream yesterday. Really glad I re-visited this cream and got to 'learn' it. By the end I couldn't believe I ever didn't really like it! I'm going to go with one more cream before hitting the first soap. So L'Occitane Cade here we go...

TOBS Grapefruit Cream (end of tub) 1.i.15 - 10.i.15 [6 shaves]

Body Shop Maca Root Cream (end of tub) 11.i.15 - 29.i.15 [8 shaves]
TOBS Sandalwood Cream (30% left) 30.i.15 - 21.ii.15 [11 shaves]
L'Occitane Cade Cream (50% left) 22.ii.15 - ?

I have a puck of Cade. Very so-so after a few tries. I'd really like to revisit it and I'm interested in how you like it.

I finished off my Palmolive cream today. 34 shaves with it, and I shaved every day. Sad to see it go, it gave me great shaves every time. It is one I will certainly replace...someday. And this also closed entries for my PIF:
redrider_99 June 8th, 2017. Post 10144
Gig103 March 15, 2018 Post 10478
Good luck gentlemen! If I missed any entries, please let me know with your post number.

Tomorrow onto Strop Shoppe Barbershop.
My journey so far:
05-29-2014 to 06-29-2014: Mikes Barbershop - Yes will replace
06-30-2014 to 10-03-2014: Mitchell's Wool Fat - Yes may replace
10-04-2014 to 10-31-2014: Coates Cream Almond - No, mediocre scent, OOP
11-01-2014 to 11-10-2014: Classic Shaving Rose- No, binned due to irritation
11-12-2014 to 11-25-2014: Wilkinson Blue Bowl- No, binned, mediocre shaves
11-26-2014 to 01-19-2015: 11 Samples
01-20-2015 to 02-22-2015: Palmolive cream - Yes, will replace
02-23-2015 to xx-xx-xxxx: Strop Shoppe Barbershop

I took a day off from the MdC today and lathered up with St. James of London Lavender Geranium cream. I've only used it a few times so far, but a face lather with a very scant amount on the brush delivered a phenomenal lather, both quality and quantity. When I get around to it full time, that will be an epic couple of months.

I've been using the I Coloniali for over a week now. The scent is very unusual - smoky, a bit of clay, sweet, and with a touch of menthol. It is subtle, not overbearing at all. All in all, very sophisticated. The mango seed oil really does a fantastic job as a healing agent - I have better face feel from this than any other soap I've ever used.

I seem to be going though it pretty fast. After I finish the 3017 journey, I may want to have one of these around for the day after I have a too-close shave, or on a sunburn or windburn day - just for the healing properties and to keep it around longer. I highly recommend it but it does get used up quickly.

I finished off my Palmolive cream today. 34 shaves with it, and I shaved every day. Sad to see it go, it gave me great shaves every time. It is one I will certainly replace...someday. And this also closed entries for my PIF:
redrider_99 June 8th, 2017. Post 10144
Gig103 March 15, 2018 Post 10478
Good luck gentlemen! If I missed any entries, please let me know with your post number.

Tomorrow onto Strop Shoppe Barbershop.
My journey so far:
05-29-2014 to 06-29-2014: Mikes Barbershop - Yes will replace
06-30-2014 to 10-03-2014: Mitchell's Wool Fat - Yes may replace
10-04-2014 to 10-31-2014: Coates Cream Almond - No, mediocre scent, OOP
11-01-2014 to 11-10-2014: Classic Shaving Rose- No, binned due to irritation
11-12-2014 to 11-25-2014: Wilkinson Blue Bowl- No, binned, mediocre shaves
11-26-2014 to 01-19-2015: 11 Samples
01-20-2015 to 02-22-2015: Palmolive cream - Yes, will replace
02-23-2015 to xx-xx-xxxx: Strop Shoppe Barbershop
Palmolive is such a fantastic product in my opinion. From a performance standpoint I could use it every day, but I start to get antsy for new scents and just to urge to mix it up.

I've been using the I Coloniali for over a week now. The scent is very unusual - smoky, a bit of clay, sweet, and with a touch of menthol. It is subtle, not overbearing at all. All in all, very sophisticated. The mango seed oil really does a fantastic job as a healing agent - I have better face feel from this than any other soap I've ever used.

I seem to be going though it pretty fast. After I finish the 3017 journey, I may want to have one of these around for the day after I have a too-close shave, or on a sunburn or windburn day - just for the healing properties and to keep it around longer. I highly recommend it but it does get used up quickly.

I suppose that is a good or bad thing based on perspective. Using it up fast makes one feel as though a dent is finally being put in one's inventory. The cost-per-shave ratio is the "glass half empty" perspective. I'm glad you posted your opinion on this soap. I'm very close to ordering it.

Palmolive is such a fantastic product in my opinion. From a performance standpoint I could use it every day, but I start to get antsy for new scents and just to urge to mix it up.

That's the curse of the 3017 crew. But that's also how we got to 3017, isn't it? Kind of like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Have to buy one of everything, next thing you know, your den is full of two or three dozen soaps and creams.

Thanks for the reply sir. I'm putting together a wish list (for after the sabbatical) and have been reading up about 3 French soaps-Cade, PS, and Institut Karite. PS is already on that list, I'll probably skip the Cade now.

Top Bottom