What's new

My Guess... 3017

Well the MdC 3017 is in a couple weeks so I only have to make it that far. Then it would be late spring and maybe time for P160. Then in summer it's XXX. After that I would likely do AOS tallow sandalwood. I know all those soaps are rock stars. Also I have two nearly full tubs of TOBS that I need to work on plus half a dozen other quality soaps.

3 day with RR ABCBA and find it much better then Cella. Just as easy to lather, no weepers or irritation, smell is way more pleasant (cherry to my nose), seems to use less product as I'll get about 5 shaves from my 10g sample and it holds up to scuttle heat.

The lather is very slick and creamy after paint strokes on my face and just as thick on pass 2 as it is on pass 1. I'm really enjoying it and have gotten 3 great shaves right of the gate with it

Here's hoping it continues to be all positive. :001_cool:

Due to Jarick's MWF issues, I pulled mine out this morning to see if I would have the same issues. I had a 3 pass BBS shave with plenty of lather left for another pass, and no nicks, weepers or issues with my Gillette Wilkinson Sword blade.

I must have soft water, or my Omega 10049 really digs into the puck.

Hope your MWF will start to work for you.

Here is my remaining inventory, I made an alphabetized list and went to random.org to mix them up, saves me the neurosis of trying to figure out which one to pick next. There is one or two doubles on the list. I didn't add my three tubes of Barbasol Brushless, because I am not a fan of brushless creams. Come to think of it, I also forgot to add Cremo. Oh well, it's brushless, too. I guess those will be my travel creams. I think I am going to be pretty ruthless while going through this list, as I suspect there may be a few stinkers in here. I know what works well for me, and these soaps had better measure up or they will be demoted to shower duty, or PIF'd.
1) Palmolive cream
2) Strop Shoppe Barbershop
3) Barrister and Mann Leviathan
4) Mikes Natural Barbershop
5) Coates Cream Rose
6) Palmolive stick
7) Arko Moist cream
8) Coates Lavender cream
9) Barrister and Mann Latha
10) Seaforth
11) Arko stick
12) Classic Shaving Jasmine
13) Coates Tea Tree cream
14) Coates Sandalwood cream
15) Super-Max cream
16) Reef Point Peerless
17) Mikes Natural Barbershop
18) HTGAM CaD
19) Soap Commander Love
20) Wilkinson Stick
21) Reef Point Sublime
22) Classic Shaving Lilac
23) LASS Hollywood Romance
24) Arko Stick
25) Arko tub
26) Synergy Lime
27) Coates Cream Lime

Any guesses as to when I will finish out this lineup?
I will PIF any soap or cream on this list to anyone who can predict the closest as to when I will finish up with them, entries accepted until I finish out with #1, Palmolive cream, used only once or twice so far. Only exception is the Seaforth, being as they are decades OOP, if the winner picks that they can have the mug.
What size tins are the HTGAM? Big huge ones or small ones? My guess is June 8th, 2017. If they are the small tins I revise to April 1, 2017.

I may have under-estimated your ruthlessness though. I don't know you well enough to gauge that. :biggrin1:

3 day with RR ABCBA and find it much better then Cella. Just as easy to lather, no weepers or irritation, smell is way more pleasant (cherry to my nose), seems to use less product as I'll get about 5 shaves from my 10g sample and it holds up to scuttle heat.

The lather is very slick and creamy after paint strokes on my face and just as thick on pass 2 as it is on pass 1. I'm really enjoying it and have gotten 3 great shaves right of the gate with it

Here's hoping it continues to be all positive. :001_cool:

+1. That's one fine soap.

Distilled water is against the rules for the sabbatical, so I'm not going to bother with MWF after the month is done.

I worked up an okay lather today but it felt too dry, then I added a bunch of water, and once it got to the point that it felt slick enough to shave, it was basically runny hand soap.

There's no trick to this soap. It's just not good unless you have soft water. Which means it's not a good shaving soap. Sorry, but if I have to install a water softener or keep jugs of distilled water around to get your soap to lather, it's not a good shaving soap. If it requires an exacting level of hydration before the lather breaks down, it's not a good shaving soap.

MdC 3017 Fest

1. beginish, Scented
2. Brianw, Scented

3. ruckin, Fougere
4. strop, Fougere
5. Jarick, Scented

My guess is water hardness is a factor but again I can lather so many soaps well that it becomes not worth it for me.

I have a water softener and STILL can't get a "good" lather out of the stuff. I figure I'll probably try again in 6 months or so as that is the usual... I have only once gotten a decent lather out of the stuff, but I SOOOO want to love it...

I'll finish out the month with it and then make the call to stay or jump ship.

Good on you for digging in and giving it a fair shot. I've never used MWF, but if you like the lanolin and scent, I hear Haslinger Schafmilch is similar (or better) in performance and is very easy to lather.

I have a water softener and STILL can't get a "good" lather out of the stuff. I figure I'll probably try again in 6 months or so as that is the usual... I have only once gotten a decent lather out of the stuff, but I SOOOO want to love it...

Ever try rubbing it on your face like a shave stick, and face lathering from there?

What is all 3017ing at this time?

1. Kevdogg329 - Taking a 3017 break, (using MWF/XXX mostly however)
Here is the last post in the list started a couple months ago. I suppose many could have killed off and started a new one in that amount of time. Not me though, still trying to kill enjoying the last bit of King Louis Lavender.

What is all 3017ing at this time?

I'm still plowing through the B&M Hallows. I had planned on moving to my tin of CRSW Winter at the beginning of January when I thought I would've finished the Hallows. Seeing as that quite obviously didn't happen, I think I might be doing something different for my next soap. Maybe I'll cut the Winter in half and save the other half for the end of the year.

Top Bottom