What's new

My Guess... 3017

I have had 10 shaves with the godrej shaving round so far. I'm enjoying it and I have come to love the soap but I'm also strongly battling the urge to use some other soaps. Force of habit I guess!

After 10 shaves(3 pass + touch up) I don't think I have even put a slight dent on this soap.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414993402.304410.jpg

Any first time 3017ers here?

That's my ultimate goal too. I'd like to get down to this system:

1 x Soap in 3017 use
1 x Soap on deck to 3017
1 x Cream on hand to 3017 if the current 3017 doesn't work out or starts to develop issues. If it gets chosen to 3017 after a soap or for irritation reasons, then the on deck soap becomes the back up.
a couple options for my Dopp, but probably 1 stick and 1 tube of cream.

My thoughts exactly. Its like you crawled inside my head B. As I 3017 my existing stock I want to get down to pretty much this same system.

HTGAM, all very bizaro and don't know what to think. I just 3017'd a partial tin/cake/puck of Cav and as I said in my comments a week or so ago here, it was a decent soap but nothing I would purchase again....and my face didnt fall off. So many more good soaps out there to try and so little time, for me I see no need to roll with HTGAM at this point. Just too many other excellent options.

Well, back to the "purple haze" this morning. TOBS lavender cream. TOBS makes a good cream but I am ready to move on, just havent decided to what yet. Getting into the holiday season and will have to give some thought to it, for sure a soap but should be something with a holiday theme. Does SCS make a turkey scented soap? :001_smile

Forget all that. I'm here to tell you about a product that has no secrets. It's been delivering great shaves for decades. Williams Mug Soap!

Well, not really, but I got a better lather after soaking the puck. There was even a creamy if not cushiony feel to the lather that came out of the brush for touch ups.

Anyway, carry on with the juicy stuff!

Last edited:
Somewhere in this thread there's the stages of 3017 which is funny...I like to think of it as:

Excitement about the new soap
Boredom, thoughts of infidelity
Settled in, smooth sailing
Breaking through the bottom
Finishing the soap off

Perfectly put! +1

Sure glad I didn't buy any HTGAM or PP soaps when I was tempted, you probably won't be able to give that stuff away soon. :001_rolle

Literally earlier in the same day that LBussey started his first HTGAM thread, I placed an order for HTGAM CaD and Synergy Lime. Oh well. I will get to them someday. Not the greatest aromas to my nose, but not offensive.

I have been getting a slight burn/irritation for the RR/CC Bay Rum each time I have used it, but today it was really bad. So, I will stop using it for a few days to allow my face to calm down. I may or not go back to it.

Thanks for the heads up. What a mess. I just hope the vendors involved don't get burned too badly, if there's any blow back.

Another good shave with the Maca Root. I scrubbed my Weber SS razor (my only razor now) quite a bit to bring it close to its original polish and put a Feather in there. Smooth shave. Cream was a bit dry at first then a bit too wet on the last pass, so still dialing it in.

I've been just kind of dipping the brush in the tub but I think I'll try and find something to measure a scoop of cream. It's too hard to figure out how much cream I'm using otherwise, sometimes overshooting quite a bit.

As for scent, it's interesting. Initially reminded me of the light cologne scent of Nivea, but a bit floral as well, and then a dominant earth, herbal tone. I can't say I love it, but it's not bad.

I have been getting a slight burn/irritation for the RR/CC Bay Rum each time I have used it, but today it was really bad. So, I will stop using it for a few days to allow my face to calm down. I may or not go back to it.

Bay Rum is about the only product I can't use. I tried a few different kinds and they all cause issues. I think it's common.

I'm starting to notice the previously mentioned, little specks of mud or ingredients in the Mudder Focker lather.

They don't affect shave and so far, no issues with this soap. Loving it so far and getting great shaves.

Fellas, I need some encouragement. I'm about 35 shaves into my Mike's and have literally a tiny sliver of soap left.....and it's been that for 3 days! I thought I had one shave left....then one more.....then one more. It just keeps on offering up lather. I've even considered "accidentally" letting it slide down the drain but don't want to upset the shaving gods. I don't see it lasting more than a couple more shaves, but how frustrating is it when you're so ridiculously close to wrapping up a soap and it just won't die?!?!

I'm extremely excited to post a picture of my empty tin, hopefully later this week!

I'm making my way through my tub of XXXt (white tub) and the shaves and scent are great. I'm not sure I'm going to get 30 shaves out of the tub though. :shocked:

Will have to see if more is on the edge of the tub than I think. I've been breaking in a new boar so maybe I've been super-loading. Will report back soon.

Fellas, I need some encouragement. I'm about 35 shaves into my Mike's and have literally a tiny sliver of soap left.....and it's been that for 3 days! I thought I had one shave left....then one more.....then one more. It just keeps on offering up lather. I've even considered "accidentally" letting it slide down the drain but don't want to upset the shaving gods. I don't see it lasting more than a couple more shaves, but how frustrating is it when you're so ridiculously close to wrapping up a soap and it just won't die?!?!

I'm extremely excited to post a picture of my empty tin, hopefully later this week!

Hey if a little soap sliver were to slide down the drain, that's between you and the sink. And the sink ain't talking.

It is frustrating, especially when you want to get that first "3017" notch on your shaving brush. You can keep at it until it is gone, my personal preference is to keep swirling away at it until I have to chase the little sliver all over the bowl. You can also put the last sliver into a container or each soap you finish, and make a "Frankensoap" of the remains of your 3017 conquests.

I get the SOC boar involved at that point. It has a fan shape that can whisk around the edges of the bowl and pick it up. Sometimes, if the soap is soft, smash it into the middle of the bowl again.

There are definitely points when that ring of soap dwindles down and starts to break apart that, if I can't load up enough soap, I'm calling it and let it go down the sink. I'm not going to spend 10 minutes trying to load off a 1/4" sliver of soap. The soap is done at that point :)

I think I'm going to sick my B&B Essential boar on it and just load it with hate one more time and then call it a day. At that point I'll either start a Frankensoap puck or make a secret between my sink and I.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
When I am down to the last remnants, I pull them out and squish them into a mini-puck/squishy-blob thing and hold it in my palm to load.

Top Bottom