What's new

My Guess... 3017

Gentlemen,

I have been really enjoying my puck of + Fitjar and it is an excellent soap, however tomorrow is the day of a British Royal Family Wedding. I somehow feel that I should be using something British.......
David-Arlington would be a very appropriate choice.

David-Arlington would be a very appropriate choice.

It certainly would have been, Bob but I opted for the Harris Lavender instead. I have never tried this soap before and I figured that the Arlington puck will be back in my bowl in a week or so anyway.
Have a great day, Gentlemen!

It certainly would have been, Bob but I opted for the Harris Lavender instead. I have never tried this soap before and I figured that the Arlington puck will be back in my bowl in a week or so anyway.
Have a great day, Gentlemen!
You can't go wrong with Harris soaps, no matter which scent you choose!

Harris' Lavender was appropriate for the Royal Wedding Day and provided a great shave. The scent of the soap was pleasant but certainly didn't "knock my socks off". The performance, however, has made me really look forward to getting my Arlington puck back into play.
It might be time to put the marauding monsters to work on the remains of my Fitjar soap :001_cool:

Harris' Lavender was appropriate for the Royal Wedding Day and provided a great shave. The scent of the soap was pleasant but certainly didn't "knock my socks off". The performance, however, has made me really look forward to getting my Arlington puck back into play.
It might be time to put the marauding monsters to work on the remains of my Fitjar soap :001_cool:

My experience earlier this year with the LAvender was the same. Great performance as expected from DrH, but the scent is too faint.

I give the QCS lavender I've been working on another week or so before it's toast. Apparently I'm not a cream person as I think I started this on April 2nd or so.

Oh well, looking forward to the next product to bite the dust.

Finished my tub of Muehle Sea Buckthorn Shaving Cream this morning. It lasted from 2/22 to 4/30. Not at all bad for a relatively small tub of cream. This turned out to be a much better value than I thought at first, but it still will not be replaced, as I prefer soaps.

Up next is a puck of Vintage Colgate, which has exactly 1 shave on it so far.

After today's shave, I noticed that the bottom of the wood bowl is starting to show. This soap has been in the everyday rotation since some time mid-December up and through today (with a couple of exceptions).

full

The journey to finish a triple-milled soap continues. :001_rolle

If you are starting your lather in that bowl, are you not getting any staining or discoloration of your soap from the wooden bowl?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Fitjar is not much longer for this world. I took Mr Angry for a walk with it this morning and I am going to use him, the Eagle and my Shavemac as a demolition squad to put the soap out of it's misery quickly.
Bring on the Arlington!

proxy.php

Last edited:
Brush Chronicle 6 is now complete, and MWF is back on the clock tomorrow. I have a Vestavia that is generously on loan from brianw on tap for the next few shaves, then Murderer's Row is back on the case.

After repeatedly being inspired by this thread, I have decided to finish off a stick of Irisch Moos that I have been using off and on since last fall. Then I will only use my DR Harris Arlington soap until I have finished it.

I don't have quite as many soaps / creams as some people do. But I do have another stick of Irisch Moos, a stick of La Toja, Musgo Real cream, Speick cream, and of course the puck of Arlington soap I mentioned above.

I have decided to use just one of these at a time until they are gone.... wish me luck! :lol:

After repeatedly being inspired by this thread, I have decided to finish off a stick of Irisch Moos that I have been using off and on since last fall. Then I will only use my DR Harris Arlington soap until I have finished it.

I don't have quite as many soaps / creams as some people do. But I do have another stick of Irisch Moos, a stick of La Toja, Musgo Real cream, Speick cream, and of course the puck of Arlington soap I mentioned above.

I have decided to use just one of these at a time until they are gone.... wish me luck! :lol:

You can do it! One day at a time.....and move those other soaps and creams to a different room. :lol:

QCS Lavender was finished last night. I'm going to use a C&S 88 sample for a couple days before starting on a new puck of Fitjar generously given to me from a forum member.

So far:

Jan 3 - Feb 21 - 90% puck of DrH Lavender finished

Feb 22 - April 1 - 70% puck of GFT Rose toasted

April 2 - May 4 - Full tub of 4oz QCS Lavender destroyed

and the journey continues.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Finished... Toasted... Destroyed.

That's how we roll in this thread. :biggrin:

The puck of Floris JF is starting to show some wear. Although the soap is average, I will say that the puck is hard as a rock. Other pucks have shown more wear in the same amount of time. It may take awhile to knock this one down.

The puck of Floris JF is starting to show some wear. Although the soap is average, I will say that the puck is hard as a rock. Other pucks have shown more wear in the same amount of time. It may take awhile to knock this one down.

I think you have said that before. In the end, I bet it takes around 3 months. :lol:

I think you have said that before. In the end, I bet it takes around 3 months. :lol:

+1. Maybe it's like MWF and even though you load from the top of the puck, it wears from the bottom!

Here is a picture of the Irisch Moos stick that I am currently trying to finish off. I don't know how much is left because I don't have my other Irisch Moos stick at hand to compare. I used it most of last fall but have not used it since then. If you had to guess, how much (percentage-wise) is left?

I am hoping to finish it by the beginning of June, but that may be wishful thinking. Definitely enjoying it, but what is not to enjoy with such a superb soap! :w00t:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
My guess is there is about 33.3% left on that Irisch Moos.

However, after taking another look at it. I would say that maybe there is 1/3 left. :a49:

Top Bottom