What's new

My first TTO razor(s)

Good job. But now you need a Red Tip. They run $30 to $40, mostly.

Enjoy your shaves!

I’m not sure if I will want a more agressive shaver.

Oh, and just last night I scored a birth-quarter F3 Flare Tip for $13 shipped (Dang all you guys for fueling these passions!).

That's a convenient purchase for getting all four! I bought all mine separately over the course of a couple of months. I find the fatboy, the slim and the flair tip to be somewhat similar shavers. The 40's style super speed stands out for me.

Not only is it the least pleasing to look at, but it is deceptively aggressive! It has a lot more blade feel than the others. That aside, it gives one of the closest shaves of any razor I own. But you have to be a little more careful with it.

Enjoy your new razors!

Thanks. The 40’s style Superspeed will be the last of the four to try out, again with an Astra SP to keep my comparisons apples-to-apples. Are they more agressive than the pre-war techs? As I mentioned previously, I had a real time with that one at first. I even started a thread on it a few years ago, asking why, if this razor was rated as being mild and giving great shaves, was I having such a time with it? After a little more practice with the angle and REALLY lightening up on the touch, it’s now one of my favorites. So far, applying these same principles with my newly acquired TTO’s has worked well.

Top Bottom